Senior Front End Developer at Cloudwise B.V. (Woerden, Netherlands)
Location: Woerden, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:37
At Cloudwise we strive to improve the quality of IT in the education sector by making IT work better, more fun and easier day by day. One of our ways of doing this, is by continuously improving our COOL platform and other apps. As a senior front-end developer you are (co-)responsible for maintaining and improving the UI of our COOL platform. You are actively involved in working on new projects, thinking about improvements of our products with functional and visual aspects in mind. What makes this job even more exciting is that you have extensive freedom in taking care of your tasks. There is lots of room for new ideas and trying new technologies.
This is what you tell your friends about what you do
- You are actively building and designing new front-end functionalities.
- Improving the technology, our COOL platform, that keeps over 1800 schools running.
- Making prototypes based on specs, wireframes and your own insights.
- Maintaining and building a UI-component library for our applications.
- Setting up a design system together with the designers.
- Putting in creative ideas on improving user experience.
- Documenting your tasks where necessary.
The techniques we use
- The current front-end is written in AngularJS, Angular and Vue.js.
- The applications are running on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- The back-end is written in Java 8.
- The Google API’s are used to integrate with G suite for Education.
- We work in Scrum Sprints to ensure projects are streamlined.
- Lastly you will be using NPM, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, Artifactory, and IntelliJ.
And this is CloudwiseWe are Cloudwise. The number one IT-service provider in the education sector. With over 80 proactive, kind and knowledgeable colleagues, we are able to prove to teachers and students all of the extensive possibilities made possible by our industry: IT is cool! We are actually very proud of how we managed to solve complicated technical problems, very simply. Making it easier for schools to work together in the cloud. Our focus: making customers happy, regardless of the extra steps.
You will be working with a young and team-spirited group of 9 developers, 2 testers and a product owner. The work environment is informal. Coworkers love to share information and knowledge with each other. Everyone at Cloudwise thinks the work environment deserves a solid 8.7/10.0 and rates a 9.0/10.0 when it comes to being proud of having Cloudwise as their employer. The working environment is informal. Between work there is a lot of room for fun activities to be enjoyed. Think of: table soccer, a delicious lunch, afterwork-drinks and the Arcade / Switch.
This is you!
- You have a minimum of 5 year working experience as front-end developer.
- You know the ins and outs of Angular and AngularJS.
- HTML, CSS, GIT and other building tools are well-known to you.
- You like to build beautiful web applications together as a team.
- You are experienced with UX and understand what the user wants and experiences.
- Great understanding of the Dutch and English language, written and spoken is essential. This is the best way for you to understand the target audience and it enables you to work well within the team.
- Any knowledge and experience with Chrome extensions/apps and the Google Cloud Platform is beneficial.
What we offer
- A challenging job opportunity as a front-end developer for 32-40 hours a week.
- A salary matching your skills and experience.
- Travel allowance, pension plan and internet allowance to be used at home.
- 25 well earned vacation days, based on a full time working week.
- An enthusiastic team to have fun with inbetween the more serious business.
- A chance to use new technologies.
- We value new ideas. Great ideas will be carried out without having the disadvantages of a long procedure. If it works, it works.
- A challenging and dynamic job within a quickly growing company.
- Educational possibilities, depending on your and our needs.
- Being able to attend interesting workshops or fairs within your specialization.
- A beautiful and playful office in Woerden, close to the motorway and train station.
- Lots of freedom and responsibility to organize your work(flow) to your own liking.
- Delicious lunches available in our COOL café.
- Profit sharing based on profit. You are able to exchange these profits to certificates of shares. Tadaaaa; you are now becoming a co-owner of Cloudwise!
Ready to help make a difference?Are you our new senior front-end developer? Apply now by clicking the ‘Apply for this job’ button at the bottom of this page. Do you have a question or do you want to inquire about more information? Please contact Mariëlle via [email protected] or call this phone number 085-2736124.