Senior Software Engineer, iOS / Swift/ Remote at The RealReal () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:36
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on iOS application development to work in our Seller team! As a luxury consignment and eCommerce company, we’re constantly innovating to make the experience faster, easier, and more intuitive for everyone who wants to consign with us. In this role, you’ll own significant portions of our customer-facing iOS application, as well as internal apps and services. We're looking for software engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including APIs, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, and mobile UI/UX design. You’ll be exposed to the latest technology, a ubiquitous data-driven culture, and a team of dedicated individuals ready to collaborate. This position can be fully remote in the U.S.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build and maintain features within our iOS applications
- Partner with Product and the business to create compelling experiences for our sellers
- Serve as a mentor to team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Integrate our iOS apps with service providers like Algolia, Prismic, Segment, etc.
- Collaborate with API and full-stack developers regularly as your team builds end-to-end features
- Collaborate daily with a group of highly experienced, compassionate, and skillful individuals
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role, with a least 3+ focused on iOS
- Fluency with Swift
- Experience with iOS frameworks, including a solid understanding of Auto Layout, Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to backend services
- Experience building interfaces that scale from the smallest iPhone all the way up to iPads
- Mastery of git and Github workflows
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Ruby or Elixir
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.