Location: Manchester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-08-08 05:00:29
- Job title: Node.js engineer
- Salary: £50k plus equity
- Location: Manchester, UK (optional hybrid remote)
WHO IS CHALKBOARD?
We level the playing field for small businesses, independents and professionals, giving them the tools they need to win new customers and keep them coming back.
Our technology is mobile first, and so we develop native mobile apps for iOS and Android. Learn more at our website.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
We’re looking for a node engineer to work on building and maintaining our backend API services. Our stack is Node.js, Typescript, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Objection, Express for web and backend. You’ll work alongside other engineers who will work on our Swift and Kotlin native mobile apps and rely on the GraphQL API.
A typical day could include:
- Architecting solutions for new product features
- Mentoring other node engineers
- Writing and agreeing specifications with the mobile engineers
- Providing code reviews
- Coding and deploying new features
- Monitoring and maintaining the application
- Responding to issues, troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Ensuring good test coverage and standards across the codebase
- Helping research and define new features with the product team
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years commercial experience
- 3+ years working with Node/Express/relational databases
- 2+ years working with Typescript
- Has worked directly on developing API's
- Expert knowledge of testing
- 2+ years working with GraphQL
- Experience of working with ORMs
- Experience or leading features
- Experience of mentoring developers
- Some devops experience
WHY JOIN US?
- We’re an early stage startup with a focus on technical quality. Our processes, tech stack, test suites and technical approach are solid and robust and we want you to help us keep it that way.
- We are financially secure and well funded - financed by our experienced founder with 2 successful exits within technology.
- Freedom with accountability - we trust our team. We’re flexible, independent, and know our teammates will always deliver.
- Be part of a genuine and rewarding mission - supporting local businesses around the world.
- Hybrid office/remote - approx 1-2 days in office per week, remote for rest of week. Our base is at Beehive Lofts, Ancoats, Manchester.
- 25 days paid time off per year + bank holidays.
- Provided a MacBook Pro or choose your own with an allowance.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Written technical questions
- Intro call (15 minutes)
- Skills assessment - a short own-time challenge that takes no more than a few hours
- Full interview(s)