Full-Stack Developer: renewable energy platform back-end | Node.js, TypeScript at Sennen () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-28 05:00:29
Sennen is hiring a remote Full-Stack Developer - working with Node.js and TypeScript - to help develop the application and back-end of our renewable energy management product.
We offer a meaningful and rewarding opportunity, joining the clean tech company that makes operating renewables more cost effective, easier, and safer.
Our product processes real time IoT data from operating wind turbines and presents informative workflows, tables, graphics, reporting and data visualisations, and is used by fund managers, financiers, technicians, control room operators and engineers around the world.
You'll be building applications, APIs and framework components which underpin the platform and tools that our users, and developer colleagues, need. This entails interesting complexity across the back-end, data workflow and front-end, contributing code that's well-implemented, robust and that scales.
We offer as much autonomy as you're ready for. It's a flat structure team and Agile approach in a fast-moving company with a supportive culture. We'll help you get to grips with the domain and its related engineering considerations, through being exposed to end users for feedback and through our own expertise.
We offer considerable freedom in solution design and approach. There's big plans and lots to accomplish.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop rich, interactive, data intensive dashboards and applications, delivering the user experiences that our users will love
- Deliver entire new modules to our clients, based on our ideas and designs, using new and existing framework components
- You’ll be involved in a wide variety of tasks, from developing scheduled jobs which process large quantities of IoT data through to business level APIs and rich, interactive user interfaces.
- Maintain, enhance and bug-fix our suite of in-house components, libraries and services
- Work with peers to develop the best solutions and user experiences for our customers
- Longer term, you could take ownership of entire parts of the system, having other developers work with you when implementing new features
We're looking for
- Someone ready to build upon demonstrable skills accrued in industry, now exploring new engineering challenges and larger projects
- Ideally, also with good SQL ability, or familiarity with handling big data
- Experience writing HTTP/JSON APIs and Node.js/Express services
- Ability to write concise, robust and readable code
- Good coding practices including testing and peer code reviews
- A collaborative approach, comfortable working with users and stakeholders with diverse perspectives and needs
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Node.js | TypeScript | React | Redux | Ramda | Chai | Webpack | PostgreSQL | Kubernetes | AWS
Salary and benefits
- We've an open mind on pay, please liaise with techfolk to let us now the range you're open to
- Employee share options
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- An inclusive and flexible culture - tell us what you need