Senior Front-End Developer: design and build front ends in renewable energy at Sennen () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:02
Sennen is hiring a Senior Front-End Developer - working with React - to design and implement UIs, dashboards and tools for our renewable energy management product utilising reusable components.
We're a clean tech company that makes operating renewables more cost effective, easier, and safer.
Our product processes real time IoT data from operating wind turbines and presents informative workflows, tables, graphics, reporting and data visualisations, and is used by fund managers, financiers, technicians, control room operators and engineers around the world.
Users interact with the Sennen system via our custom-built UI framework, this dynamically renders pages at runtime from dashboard definitions. These dashboards are made up of custom and open source React components as well as components built with the framework itself. Data is transported via socket.io from a multitude of databases and APIs.
You'll be building reusable software components to form the tools that our users, and developer colleagues, need. There's an ambitious roadmap, and lots of new stuff to build!
We offer as much autonomy as you're ready for. It's a flat structure team and Agile approach, in a fast-moving company with a supportive culture. We'll help you get to grips with the domain and its related design considerations, through being exposed to end users for feedback and through our own expertise.
We offer considerable freedom in UI design and approach. There's big plans and lots to accomplish.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop rich, interactive, data intensive dashboards and applications, delivering the user experiences that you dream of, and that our users will love
- Review and update both new and existing dashboards, making sure they provide the best user experience and ensure this is consistent across all aspects of the Sennen system
- Create new React and dashboard components to improve developer productivity and user satisfaction
- Maintain, enhance and bug-fix our suite of in-house React and dashboard components
- Work with peers to develop the best solutions and user experiences for our customers
- In the longer-term, assist in the maintenance of the core UI framework
We're looking for
- Someone ready to make a positive impact and a substantial contribution across a suite of products
- Deep understanding of React and associated store frameworks such as Redux and Flux
- Strong UI design and UX skills, with an eye for layout and detail
- Experience creating reusable components and controls
- Understanding of performance bottlenecks and optimisation techniques
- Ability to write concise, robust and readable code
- Coding practices including testing and peer code reviews
- A collaborative approach, comfortable working with users and stakeholders with diverse perspectives and needs
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- We've an open mind on pay, please liaise with techfolk regarding the range you're open to
- Employee share options
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Family-friendly and flexible culture - tell us what you need