Senior Full Stack Developer at Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum (DKFZ) (Heidelberg, Deutschland)
Location: Heidelberg, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-06-18 05:01:01
The German Cancer Research Center is the largest biomedical research institution in Germany. With more than 3,000 employees, we operate an extensive scientific program in the field of cancer research.
The German Cancer Research Center is seeking for the recently launched infrastructure initiative German Human Genome-Phenome Archive a
Senior Full Stack Developer(Ref-No. 2021-0163)
The German Human Genome-Phenome Archive (GHGA, www.ghga.de) is part of the national program for research data infrastructures (NFDI). GHGA will act as a national node within the federated European Genome-Phenome Archive. This infrastructure will support genomics data hubs with software tools for secure data/metadata storage, interactive data portals with data visualization, and streamlined data deposition and acquisition solutions. The GHGA main office, which is coordinated by Prof. Oliver Stegle, is located at DKFZ in close coordination with the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL).
Description:In order to develop the GHGA software platform into a state-of-the-art infrastructure for the secure exchange of genome data, we are looking for a senior full stack developer. The successful candidate will design, implement, and operate the main GHGA infrastructure. As part of an interdisciplinary research, development, and data management team you will develop and apply a diverse range of state-of-the-art technologies.
As a recently launched project, GHGA offers its employees room to shape the software development from the start. Your input as senior full stack developer will help GHGA reach its mission to make omics data in Germany more accessible and help drive German genome research forwards, nationally and internationally. Your expertise will define standards within Germany and allow Germany to be a strong player within international efforts.
- Coordinate the development of the GHGA core software architecture
- Contribute to the development (back-end / front-end) of GHGA
- Participation in international development networks of the federated EGA architecture
- Design and specification of features, aligned with international standards
- Collaboration with local and international developers
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or similar technical background
- 5+ years of front- and back-end web application experience
- Proficiency with Python-based web frameworks (e. g. Django and Flask) and test-driven software development
- Experience in microservice design patterns and domain-driven design
- Experience with RESTful API design as well as asynchronous interface technologies such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Experience with SQL / NoSQL technologies and Lucene-based search engines (Solr, Elasticsearch)
- Interest in setting up and using DevOps pipelines and using docker containers for development and deployment
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team and talking to software developers, systemadministrators, as well as domain experts
- Enjoy working with modern technologies and staying up to date with new tech trends
The ideal applicant should have demonstrated the ability to work independently and creatively. The candidate should have excellent communications skills and be able to articulate clearly the technical needs, set clear goals and work within an interdisciplinary setting, communicating with other partners.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Salary according to TV-L including social benefits
- Possibility to work part-time
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive further training program
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the possibility of prolongation.The position can in principle be part-time.
For further information please contact Dr. Koray Kirli, phone +49 (0)6221/42-3466.The DKFZ is committed to increase the proportion of women in all areas and positions in which women are underrepresented. Qualified female applicants are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de).
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.