Cloud CPQ Technical Support Engineer at Oracle (Bucharest, Romania)
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-17 05:00:39
Do you enjoy programming or solving complex problems?
Oracle Cloud CPQ is the number 1 choice of many Fortune 500 organizations in helping their sales team sell more and sell it faster.
Oracle Cloud CPQ Support is seeking highly-talented technical support engineers to bolster our existing staff and assist large organizations in supporting their CPQ Cloud implementation.
A Technical Support Engineer for CPQ Support you will work directly with customer admins to troubleshoot functional issues and provide guidance on general how-to questions regarding the CPQ product.
If you are great working in a customer service environment, enjoy the challenge of solving problems, and have a general coding background,this role may be for you.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Troubleshoot issues with CRM integration software including Salesforce, Oracle on Demand (OOD) package and MS Dynamics;
- BigMachines related Salesforce functionality and settings and utilize Salesforce Data Loader and APEX Triggers;
- Debug Web Services calls in communication with BigMachines sites or external sources such as Salesforce and Webmethods;
- Debug output document issues with PDF, RTF, DOCX, Antenna House/PDF Merge, Excel output, HTML output;
- Utilize web page debugger tools including Firebug, Web Developer, Web Service debugger tool to solve use cases and test issues with Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer;
- Utilize best practices with customers and team. Experience may be gained concurrently.
- BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR functional degree + technical higher degree or in lieu of degree may substitute 4 years professional experience & professional certification (i.e. CNE, MCSE, CPA, Oracle, etc.).
- 3-7 years experience preferred working on technical projects.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Quick learner; able to learn new technologies and new programming languages on own as necessary.
- Knowledge of user interface design and web design constraints.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with eCommerce and CRM solutions is helpful, but not required.
- Willingness to work off hours (nights and weekends) as urgent customer needs dictate.
- Committed team player with the ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be personable, friendly, and able to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Common tasks performed:
- Identify, develop and execute an individual development plan with minimal management direction.
- Participate in process planning and make recommendations for improvements to the business.
- Act as a mentor in assisting less experienced engineers in isolating problems, workarounds and solutions.
- Champion initiatives and be an advocate for support.
- Participate in team meetings and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Act as a process/technical point of contact for your product/competency area.
- Conduct Technical interviews for potential candidates.
- Network across competencies, with management & senior resources to gain visibility within the organization.
- Act as a technical lead when in communication with external customer(s), service delivery managers, 3rd party vendors and managers.
- Manage all severity and escalated issues within guidelines; Accountable in representing customer expectations and engaging proper internal resources.
- Proactive in identifying customer needs and facilitates engagement of internal resources to ensure customer success.
- Consult with management in directing resolution of critical customer situations, including alerts to management on potential escalations.
- Engage with development as appropriate to review customer bug priorities.
- Engage in activities designed to minimize duplicate and false bugs passed to development.
- Create/modify/review knowledge content to include consultative articles.
- Participate in Beta programs and product/platform testing.
- Participate in appointed Knowledge Management initiatives.
- Participate in additional projects as required. Assist other departments as needed and perform other duties as required.