Senior C# Developer at DuckDuckGo () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:55
We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a Senior C# Developer to help shape the technology that powers DuckDuckGo's products.
As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and close major gaps in our products. Examples of projects you might work on include: development of consumer privacy applications on Windows, including building new features, driving improvements, and owning product maintenance.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Help develop consumer privacy applications on Windows
- Be an expert at the company in C# and the Windows application development ecosystem.
- Step up to resolve product issues, large and small.
- Own major application features and take responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Collaborate with peers remotely during product brainstorms, technical design discussions, and code reviews.
- Write pragmatic, performant, and testable code that works consistently across devices.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Advanced level of .NET core expertise.Advanced level of WPF expertise
- Experience working on at least one complex, consumer-facing product
- Experience participating in technical architecture decisions for complex products.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc.
- Comfortable learning new languages and ideas.
- Experience collaborating with product/design to build polished consumer facing products.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Creative problem solvers and risk takers. You like to take initiative to push projects forward and know when to involve others.
Annual compensation: $144,000 USD and stock options.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
For over a decade, we've built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.