Sr. Software Engineer- Full Stack at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-14 05:00:53
As part of the Enterprise Cloud Platform team, you’ll be at the center of JHA’s strategic development initiatives for new banking applications. In your daily activities as a full-stack Software Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a DevOps team creating new banking applications as well shared platform services using .NET Core/ Angular in an innovative technology stack as well as engage daily with other Software engineers and DevOps engineers, product owners, and QA automation engineers in your team.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is annually recognized as one of the best tech companies to work for in the U.S. by Forbes and other local sources! This is a fast paced and fun work environment with a great team engaging like a start-up company. You’ll need to be able to be agile, flexible and should be self-motivated as well as someone who loves to work closely with other teams across JHA and our clients.
This position will be filled to be worked out of the following Jack Henry location: Cedar Falls, IA, Lenexa, KS, Brentwood, TN, Springfield, MO, Allen, TX, or Remotely in the US.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years of software development experience.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years developing apps using .NET services exposing SOAP or REST API’s.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of Angular or React experience.
- Must be able to travel 5 % for internal meetings, workshops, and/or training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong interest in mentoring other developers and presenting apps & technologies to stakeholders.
- Microsoft .NET Core, C# 8.0 or Java microservices.
- Building RESTful API’s and integrating with SOAP-based API’s and web services.
- SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB) database experience.
- Apache or Confluent Kafka experience.
- Experience with front end tools such as Angular.
- Docker Containers, Kubernetes or Azure Kubernetes Service experience.
- Key Vaults and Certificate Management experience.
- ElasticStack, LogStash/Fluentd, Kibana.
- Git-based repositories.
- JHA Silverlake or CIF 20/20 product experience helpful.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.