Growth Engineer, Marketing Analytics at Automattic () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-13 05:00:07
The team makes growth, and the analysis of growth, more effective and more efficient. We use tools and technology to encourage ideas, tackle sophisticated problems through team initiatives across all of Automattic, and most importantly, drive growth of the business through rapid experimentation.
We're a relatively new and rapidly growing team with the opportunity to drive substantial change! We need a marketing analytics specialist to join us who can experiment with creative ideas and help us tackle sophisticated business problems.
- Work with a growing, cross-functional, and highly collaborative engineering team to unlock the potential of WordPress.com’s marketing technology stack, and the teams who use it across the whole company.
- You will own data ingestion for all marketing analytics. Including, but not limited to, pageviews tracking, event tracking, conversion tracking, paid media conversions, affiliate referrals, and peer referrals.
- Be the top tier specialist in marketing analytics (data ingestion), including AMP analytics, GDPR, user privacy, cookies, localStorage, browser privacy features, and security initiatives.
- Learn our existing platform landscape and find ways to enhance our marketing analytics platform and improve data integrity. You'll also build and maintain automated tests that monitor the health of marketing analytics.
- Be responsible for crafting comprehensive documentation (internal field guide articles) that effectively enable self-serve use of our marketing analytics platform.
- Have 5+ years of marketing analytics, marketing operations, or digital marketing experience. Experience in Google Analytics , Google Tag Manager, Segment, or other marketing analytics or customer data platform. Experience with data visualization tools. Advanced in Microsoft Excel. Excellent analytical skills and ability to provide meaningful insights from data.
- Have experience using agile development tools (e.g., GitHub, Trello). You know how to break big problems down into smaller pieces. You thrive on moving items to the Done column at a healthy pace.
- Highly collaborative, you love participating in code reviews, and you enjoy spirited discussions about architecture, design, user privacy, and performance. You're also comfortable working with others who are not engineers. You're confident, a great listener, and you seek to simplify the sophisticated.
- Love to experiment and tackle problems. You’re product-minded, growth-focused, and oriented to details. You’re happy to question assumptions and back your recommendations with data.
- Startup experience; e.g., you've been a technical founder, co-founder, growth specialist, or have worked with a marketing team before.
- Experience building or supporting sites powered by WordPress, or WordPress theme or plugin development.
- Experience with Looker - a data modeling tool.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hue (Impala/Hive queries).
- Having worked with affiliate program software (e.g., iDevAffiliate, CJ, Impact Radius, ShareASale, WP Affiliate, etc.), or peer referral software.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools.
- Experience with automated test frameworks, Selenium, Puppeteer, PHPUnit, Jest, Mocha, Circle CI, Travis, CI, Jenkins, or other.
- Having experience in languages other than PHP/JS, such as Python.
- Email marketing experience is a plus; e.g., Iterable, MailChimp, AWeber.
- Experience in paid search; e.g., Google Ads (AdWords), or Bing.
- Experience working with Google Ads Scripts for automation.
- Having worked with or as a social media marketing company.
How to Apply
Does this sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to at least one of the following mini-challenges in your cover letter. Applicants who do not submit their cover letters will not be considered.
Mini Challenge 1
When you make a GET request to: https://public-api.wordpress.com/wpcom/v2/work-with-us with a header of X-future: automattician you will receive a secret. What is that secret?
Mini Challenge 2
// Add additional code that corrects the spelling of these
// popular brand names using the least amount of code possible.