Frontend Developer (m/f/x) at Pepper Media Holding GmbH (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:37
Pepper.com, the world’s largest shopping community, was founded in 2014. Through international partnerships and conversations, Pepper.com gives smart shoppers around the world a voice to share deals, tips and ideas, connecting members in twelve countries on three continents.
The Pepper.com Group is headquartered in Berlin, with offices in Belo Horizonte, Guadalajara, London, Lyon and Mumbai, runs market-leading platforms such as mydealz (Germany), hotukdeals (United Kingdom), Dealabs (France) and eleven more around the globe. These platforms are currently used by more than 25 million smart shoppers every month and influence 12,000 buying decisions every minute.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Frontend Developer to join our team in Canada. You will play a central role in crafting high quality and elegant code for our communities around the world. You will build the frontend systems that power our fast-growing business, and continuously improve our engineering practices. Above all, your work will contribute towards creating a more attractive, helpful, and fashionable community for everyone!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Plan web components together with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Implement reusable and solid responsive frontend components
- Identify and fix performance and maintenance problems
- Ongoing improvement of our frontend infrastructure
- Stay up to date with new frontend technologies and best-practices, and share them with the team
The qualities we are looking for:
- At least 3 years working experience as a full-time Frontend Developer
- Experience with mobile-first development and responsive layouts
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (we use Sass)
- Experience with VM libraries (we use Vue.js and Angular.js)
- Ability to write/architect reusable and maintainable code
- Working knowledge of what makes a good User Experience
- Good English language skills
Bonus points for knowing/using any of the following:
- Experience with CSS methodologies (we use BEM)
- Experience with component libraries/design systems
- Experience with build tools (we use webpack)
- Experience with typescript
Some perks of working for Pepper.com are:
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation package provided
- Assistance with VISA application
- Be apart of an awesome team of passionate and skilled developers
- 5 Personal Development days
- Employee Assistance Program
- A very competitive compensation package
Are you the person we are looking for?
We're looking forward to receiving your application including your motivation letter and your CV.
Data protection policy