Senior Front-End Developer at Fifty & Fifty (San Diego, CA) (allows remote)
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-12 05:00:09
We are Fifty & Fifty, a creative agency that marries digital craftsmanship and social good. We partner with leading purpose-driven brands to tell their story and maximize their impact.
We are seeking a Senior Engineer that is capable of working collaboratively with clients to understand their technical needs and to lead the execution of projects. You will turn designs into interactive experiences for meaningful causes, campaigns and organizations. Working as a leader and collaborator with the team, you will be responsible for combining new and existing technologies to solve development challenges. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong development background, entrepreneurial mindset, great communication skills, and experience managing people.
- Work with members of the account management, design and development teams to develop and maintain custom client websites and large-scale applications.
- Work with members of the account management, project management, creative, and development teams on maintenance scoping and development for existing clients.
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Timely deliver expected projects and tasks on time and within budgeted hours.
- Adapt technical skills to facilitate department and company goals.
- Serve in a tech support capacity for Fifty & Fifty by being a general repository of technical information and know-how at the disposal of the agency.
- Oversee junior web developers and evaluate their performance.
- Liaise with designers to decide on UI/UX elements (like graphics, navigation, buttons, forms, animations, etc.).
- Conduct website performance tests, focusing on responsiveness and optimal resource usage.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Manage productivity, time, and tasks in Fifty & Fifty's management system Monday.com. This includes, but is not limited to, accurately tracking all work in real-time, submitting weekly timesheets, and managing assigned tasks within the system.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert in PHP and MySQL and the ability to seamlessly apply them to web development projects.
- Experience with popular CMSs (mainly WordPress). Experience with Wordpress Oxygen Builder is a plus.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient, and able to manage multiple complex projects in a timely manner.
- Comfortable with git workflows, including feature branching and gitflow methodology.
- Contribution to team growth through constructive code reviews and clear documentation.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. Team management skills are a plus.
- Good eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
Organizational and Cultural Values
- A successful candidate will be personally and professionally aligned with Fifty & Fifty's unique, mission and values-driven culture, with the agility to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. We work with companies who do good by the world - refreshing and chock-full of purpose!
- Cultivate strong people management skills, including inspiring staff in a shared strategic vision, building an outstanding culture, and maintaining strong relationships across a variety of stakeholder groups
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, including effectively adapting to changing priorities, juggling multiple projects, operating with a high degree of autonomy, and maintaining high levels of organization in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, approachable, dependable, flexible, and service-oriented attitude to meet departmental and organizational needs