Senior Software Developer at IMS () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-06 05:00:55
IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of our greenfield projects, using a combination of serverless and server technologies in AWS to deliver a scalable, supportable, secure and well-monitored solution that will form the backbone of IMS’s technical platform.
- Participate in the design and development of a suite of serverless functions and microservices in AWS
- Advocate technical, architectural and process best practices in alignment with the company’s Ways of Working, working closely with the Architecture Team
- Adhere to agile design principles and practices
- Coach and mentor team members, including the development of senior developers into future leads
- Promote a culture of ‘freedom and responsibility’, build & maintain relationships, encourage other team members to contribute; facilitate cooperation and motivate team members to accomplish group goals
- Focus on delivery, prioritising continuous delivery of value within defined timescales.
Our Technology Stack
- Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB, Aurora
- ECS Fargate / Kubernetes, Docker
- SAM / Terraform
- Gitlab CI
- .NET Core, Node.js, Python
- Visual Studio / VS Code / Rider.
- Demonstrable, advanced experience of building end-to-end solutions in AWS, utilising both serverless and server technologies (with a serverless-first focus), and solid understanding of the applicable use cases for each
- Experience mentoring other developers in AWS architectural and technical best practices
- Sound knowledge of security principles and how to apply them
- Ability to explain and document design approaches, engaging both technical and non-technical people in your vision
- Solid experience of working in agile methodologies (Scrum / SAFe)
- Strong people skills and technical leadership ability
- A quality-focused approach
- Demonstrable experience of devops culture and practices, including TBD and CI/CD
- Experience of data pipelines and data ingestion from a variety of sources
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.