Mobile Software Engineer (iOS, Android) at Aloe Care Health () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-02 05:00:25
Mobile Software Engineers (iOS and Android) needed for our native apps. You'll leverage best-in-class and modern App development frameworks and architecture to create uplifting user - and developer - experiences.
You will need to be familiar with Swift or Kotlin, understand common practices around dependency injection, unit testing, and - of course - creating robust code. You will work closely with Product Design and the rest of the engineering team.
We appreciate and value a strong product mindset and user empathy.
At Aloe Care You Will…
- Challenge Personal Biases: Speak to the people that will use our product early and often. Identify the problem sets that need solving by uncovering the forces that block them in their daily experiences, not our own.
- Create Human-Centered Experiences: Design experiences across the gamut of our hardware and software user journeys that get people to their goals intuitively.
- Test Your Ideas Often: Confront your creative solutions with prototypes of varying fidelity to our specified user roles utilizing third-party tools, HTML, or by working alongside our engineers.
- React to Usability Testing: Define and design multi-variate experiments (A/B tests), extract valuable information from sessions, and react to those learnings through short, iterative design cycles.
- Collaborate to Create Polished End Product: Go the extra mile with our visual designers and copywriters polishing the micro-interactions, typography, visual hierarchy, and brand.
- A strong, diverse portfolio of projects that showcase excellent product thinking and engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience creating mobile applications on either or both platforms.
- A self-driven approach to take ideas through execution, working closely with our product design team for rapid iterations and user testing.
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your engineering decisions and what problems they’re solving.
- The ability to thrive under short feedback loops. You consider yourself self-driven.
- Comfort in sharing your opinions and seeing your vision from concept to launch without a lot of hand-holding.
- A compassionate heart and mind. You want to create solutions that help people lead better lives and support your peers in the best way possible.
Additional Considerations Include
- Remote worker, NYC, or Miami based
- Have experience or interests in healthcare, care management, or home security
- Cherry on Top: experience with/interest in working with hardware, backend (Java, Springboot) or data.
You Will Also...
- Build a trusted brand with us by establishing a cohesive design system and elevating the existing brand identity
- Help to carry this system out to other consumer and partner-facing touchpoints, such as marketing efforts and certain sales materials