Senior IT Network Engineer
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-05-01 05:00:42
or email: [email protected]
Who we are You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
As an IT Network Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Provide network administration and support for on-premises and Azure cloud infrastructure
- Assist with architectural design, planning and deployment of network and network security technologies
- Act as a network infrastructure subject matter expert in projects working with cross-functional teams
- Work with a managed service provider for SD-WAN incidents and requests
- Configure and administer Zscaler Internet Access and Private Access in a zero-trust environment
- Administer network security technologies including but not limited to HTTP and web security gateways, proxies, caches, firewalls, SSL/TLS, GRE, and IPsec tunneling, VPN’s, DLP, anti-virus, spam and spyware solutions, advanced threat detection and analytics
- Develop comprehensive documentation of all deployment processes and standard operating procedures
- Implementation, monitoring and management of network alerts and notifications
- Follow change management processes, including the creation and review of change requests
- Provide L3 support and after-hours support for critical issues
Be Grant Thornton If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an IT Network Engineer? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- 5+ years of professional experience implementing and administering multi-site networks
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Aruba and Viptela infrastructure
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Zscaler ZIA and ZPA
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud networking in Microsoft Azure
- Experience with complex network design
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls, WAFs and Application Gateways
- Strong knowledge in communication protocols include TCP/IP, VLAN, SIP, BGP and OSPF
- Expertise with Routing and switching products
- Knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Bell VNS managed service
- Strong problem-solving skills, the ability to analyze complex problems and use a systematic approach to find solutions
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 pounds
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?