Embedded Software Sustaining Engineer at Baker Hughes (Leicester, UK)
Location: Leicester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:59
Embedded Software Sustaining Engineer
Would you enjoy enhancing and maintaining our portfolio of firmware for energy products?
Do you enjoy exploring innovative and strategic solutions to solve complex problems?
Join a team that innovates with technology
Druck is a global technology company that designs, develops and manufactures the highest quality, most accurate and reliable customized pressure sensing devices and instruments, software to provide innovative products, services and solutions to our customers.
Create the future of our software products
As our Embedded Software Sustaining Engineer you will be supporting projects in multiple industries. These can include automotive (including F1), metrological, hydrology, energy technology and oil & gas. You will play an integral part, ensuring products are the leading edge of technology for our customers.
As an Embedded Software Sustaining Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing enhancements and maintaining software and firmware systems, on both WinCE and bare metal to maintain and update quality products
- Investigating problems and debugging, leading to the creation and delivery of solutions
- Leveraging expertise to investigate and resolve technical issues during the manufacturing process to prevent down time
- Working with our product managers and technical support team to identify and resolve customer issues.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be skilled at development and verification using C/C++ and C#
- Have experience with design and debugging using IDEs (IAR, CCS, Visual Studio, Momentics, Eclipse)
- Have experience developing and verifying STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller embedded UI, application, and driver software
- Have experience with working embedded operating systems (WinCE, QNX, Micrium)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to 2 days a week)
- Working reduced hours/days in a job share/split arrangement
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect: Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities Comprehensive private medical care options Safety net of life insurance and disability programs Tailored financial programs Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!