Software Engineer (DevOps) at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-30 05:00:37
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1500+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first.
Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Software Engineer (DevOps):
As part of the team, you’ll be collaborating with experienced developers, QAs and others from around the company to organise, create and deliver smart solutions to some unique and interesting challenges.
We aim to be developing full stack solutions in vertical teams that enable Gamesys to deliver high-quality features to our players, with a strong focus on quality, no matter their device or location.
Who we’re looking for:
We pride ourselves on inclusivity and creativity;
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Isn’t afraid of challenging the norm
- Wants to learn new tools and technologies
- Likes to share ideas
- Enjoys working with like-minded individuals
- Wants to be part of crafting fantastic solutions for a strong, growing company with an amazing player base
What you'll get:
Gamesys offers opportunities for those looking to develop themselves. We can give you the platform, exposure and resources to achieve success in a fun, friendly and challenging environment.
You'll be working in a delivery team that encourages white-boarding, knowledge sharing, discussion, spiking and pairing to ensure we are moving in the right direction.
- Demonstrates strong engineering principles and can deploy a wide range of progressive technical practices – such as continuous delivery, a walking skeleton and pipeline automation.
- Can grasp architectural concepts and determine where bleeding-edge technologies and patterns can be used effectively.
- Collaborative and customer focused, happy to engage with stakeholders inside and outside of the team.
- Expertise with Infrastructure as Code (Chef, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible etc).
- Expertise with containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes).
- CI / CD pipeline experience; the ability to create pipelines from scratch accounting for scalability.
- Forward thinking, with drive to improve and innovate on the current solution.
- Experience with testing frameworks like Jest, Jasmine or Mocha.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration.
- Experience in designing and developing a micro-service architecture.
- Experience with automation test frameworks like WebDriver IO.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring engineers.
- Test Driven Development.
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.