Software Engineer Manager - Remote at Medal.tv () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-26 05:00:23
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
We are looking for two engineering managers, one for our desktop team and one for our native mobile team. As our engineering manager, you will work directly with the CTO and product team. You will manage a remote team that iterates quickly and works closely with design and product to build new features. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users as we build high-quality features that our creators love.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Strive to build, grow and maintain an ambitious, happy, and productive team
- Iterate on processes to improve efficiency
- Hold regular 1:1's with members of your team
- Perform code reviews and facilitate the exchange of technical knowledge within the team
- Contribute to the development of features and bug fixes development and deployment
- You are result-driven with experience using metrics to measure the success of the work produced by the team
- 2+ years of management and leadership experience
- Autonomous and ability to achieve engineering goals with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write software specifications
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and release management
- Electron, React, Redux, & other modern web-based technologies, proficiency with HTML/CSS
- C# and C++ for native windows recording & more
- Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android
- Java, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes for backend
- Terraform, Salt, GitHub Actions, CircleCI for IaC and CI/CD
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Experience with various parts of our stack
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience working on gaming related projects
- Experience working on products with many users that ships features regularly
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Team retreats
- A flexible, laid back office environment, everyone works remote!
- All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to 4 interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!