QA Engineer - Remote at Medal.tv () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-22 05:01:04
Medal.tv is one of the fastest-growing consumer applications in gaming! Our users capture and share millions of videos every week, and connect with one another around their shared gaming experiences.
We are an international fully remote team, where everyone works autonomously with the expectations that you can be available for team syncs in the same core hours (9:00 am and 12:00 pm PST). The exact times and days vary per team.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will facilitate testing of features across the product and ensure the quality of releases with extensive hands-on testing. You will have a high standard for quality and ship features and products that are a pleasure to use. You will have an active role and direct impact on the quality of our product.
You will be working with a talented remote team of engineers with a history of working with large-scale applications. Your work will be used by millions of people around the world and help create new experiences for the next generation of gamers. You will be helping us scale the platform to 100+ million users by building high quality features that our creators love.
As a team, we favor progress, learning, and speed, over perfection.
- Experience with our stack. You are able to ensure quality across our products and have a strong understanding of multiple areas of our stack (see below).
- Ownership & attention to detail. An eye for details with a focus on user experience, you will go above and beyond to ensure quality releases
- Performance is key. Excellent understanding of code performance and performance implications in production
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- An expert at Troubleshooting, triaging and providing detailed bug reports and reproduction steps, as well as prioritizing them
- Quick learner. You are able to pick up new tools/technologies at a fast pace
- Be result-driven. Everything we do is driven by the metrics and performance of the feature. We move fast and ship regularly. Assess releases and use relevant data for following up with them.
- Communication and Collaboration. You read and write well and can communicate and collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously
- Electron, React, Redux, & other modern web-based technologies
- C# and C++ for native windows recording & more
- Swift for iOS, Kotlin for Android
- Java, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes for backend
- Terraform, Salt, GitHub Actions, CircleCI for IaC and CI/CD
- A passion for games and the gaming communities
- Experience with various parts of our stack
- A regular user of other popular apps for gamers, such as Discord
- Experience working on gaming related projects
WHEN YOU APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE
- Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
- Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
- A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
- P.S. If you made it this far, include a "GG" in your intro for a virtual high-five :-)
As a heads up, our typical process is:
- Phone screening
- Up to four interviews with different team members
- Reference checks
- Fully remote work environment
- Unlimited PTO (4+ weeks standard)
- Home office budget
- Team gatherings once we can travel again
- Paid parental leave: 20 weeks for primary caregiver and 12 weeks for secondary
- Full Medical for employee and two dependents (US employees only)
- Full Dental and Vision for employee and all dependents (US employees only)
- 401K (US employees only)
- All the fun and frolics that come with working for a gaming company
If you made it all the way here, include “gg” in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!