Senior Full Stack Developer at Utopia Music (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:01:15
Utopia Music is arriving in Helsinki! Join us to be part of the landing team and a key player to build the new site. You will work, learn, play and grow together with a bunch of experienced developers (and music enthusiasts) while creating a music ecosystem that works to the advantage of all participants.
We’re looking for passionate senior developers who care about their craft, are hungry to learn more and love music! We will put your unique strengths to work towards getting fair pay for every play - our mission.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to take over the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
We work in teams of 3-5 developers, a lead developer and an agile project manager who is a scrum master. You’ll be working on Utopia products built on the Utopia big data platform. We work full-stack including the product infrastructure and user experience. We take a holistic approach to product creation from data to robust backend and customer experience.
Depending on your experience and strengths, we will find the right role for you in the new team. We’re looking for a Lead Developer, as well as senior developers.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
We are not dogmatic about tech stack and we welcome experienced developers with different skills. Our stack is Golang and Node.js though and we’ll require you to solve a case and show us your understanding of one of the mentioned technologies.
You are a passionate and skilled developer that already has a couple of years of experience.
- Proficiency working with either Golang and/or Node.js.
- High quality code is even more important to you than the Force.
- You love to learn and you love to share your knowledge.
- Preferably you’ve worked with MongoDB and/or SQL.
- Knowing ES6, TypeScript and/or React is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and CI/CD skills are highly valued.
- Good communications skills, fluency in English.
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity.
- You send us your CV and a cover letter in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get a programming exercise and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- The “on site” interview where you will talk to one of our lead developers and the hiring manager, and one more person from our awesome interview team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to be part of building the Utopia Helsinki!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies like Facebook.
- Working in an impact oriented, autonomous and empowered team.
- Standard Finnish benefits like a mobile phone and a lunch benefit.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)