Senior Game Programmer at kwalee Ltd (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-14 05:01:07
Kwalee is a leading independent mobile game developer and publisher based in Leamington Spa – the UK’s biggest gaming hub outside Greater London and a great place to live – along with growing teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
Now the largest hypercasual games publisher in the UK, Kwalee is a company known globally thanks to half a billion downloads for hit mobile games including Draw it, Bake it, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky and many more. These successes have driven rapid growth in recent years and with exciting new projects in the works for Nintendo Switch and PC alongside the studio's hypercasual specialism, Kwalee shows no signs of slowing down!
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters for many years, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of mobile gaming experts. Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays. Could your idea be the next global hit?
As a Senior Game Programmer you love coding and have a passion for games, therefore creating game software is the perfect job for you!
You'll be part of a development team that will be based in the new office that we're going to open in Bangalore.
What you tell your friends you do
“I make chart topping mobile games, many developers will only dream of having a game hit the number one spot on the appstore, at Kwalee it’s a regular occurrence”
Your responsibilities will be
- Designing and writing high quality and reliable code for our games.
- Using C# and Unity as the main technologies in your day to day work.
- Solving any challenges that might appear on the way.
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to coordinate efforts and get the best results.
- You’ll think creatively and will be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it. We even have a robot!
Our talented team is our signature. We have a highly creative atmosphere with around 100 staff where you’ll have the opportunity to contribute daily to important decisions. You’ll work within an extremely experienced, passionate and diverse team, including David Darling and the creator of the Micro Machines video games.
Skills and requirements
- At least 5 years of experience in game development with C#.
- Experience with Unity.
- At least one of the following: console / Android / iOS / Amazon experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An avid interest in either console or mobile games, preferably both.
- Ability to derive tasks from a design document.
- Attention to detail.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Experience with source control such as SVN, Git or Perforce
- 3D and 2D gameplay experience.
- Understanding and appropriate use of design patterns.
- Rapid prototyping experience would be a plus.
- Graphics experience would be a plus.
- Android build pipeline experience would be a plus.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs would be a plus.
- RESTful experience would be a plus.
We offer a generous benefits package to all our employees that includes a team profit sharing scheme from day 1 of employment among other perks.
We firmly believe in creativity and innovation and that a fundamental requirement for a successful and happy company is having the right mix of individuals. With the right people in the right environment anything and everything is possible.