Senior Software Engineer (OCI) at Oracle (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-13 05:01:16
Product Development (Virtual Networking)
Role: FullStack Senior Software Development Engineer ,Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure Virtual Networking Team
OCI Networking, as a part of OCI Core Services isbuilding new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate and enable high scale broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud.All the other services and applications on cloud consume these core services.OCI Networking Development, India is a newly established team who will develop these state of art, distributed and highly available virtual networking services.
This position is for the Virtual Cloud Network team (VCN) in Bangalore, specifically for the VCN Core. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Virtual Cloud Network (VCN) is a customisable and private network on the OCI cloud. As with an on-premise network, customers have complete control. This includes assigning your own private IP address space, creating subnets, route tables, and configuring stateful firewalls. VCN is a core and one of the major building blocks for any cloud service to operate. The Metrics and Analytics group within VCN Core, works on solutions to give more insights to the customer and help improve their Virtual networks with respect to connectivity, performance and troubleshooting.
As a Senior Software Engineerin the team, you will own software development, deployment and management for major components of the VCN offerings on the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform.
Our product roadmap is incredibly exciting with challenging problems in the areas of running enterprise level cloud service. You must have experience with scalable distributed systems and have led projects that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well maintained a high bar for quality, operational excellence and performance
You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems , with both UI and backend , that interact with end users at one end and network infrastructure at the other.
You should be able to write clean code consistently. The ability to optimise the code for improving performance and scalability when it is deployed in a cloud environment as a part of a distributed application is the most critical requirement.
Your ability to identify and mitigate risks in your projects and across your functional team is an important measure of your success in this role. You will be responsible for the reliability of the production environment which is an integral part of the development process at OCI.
Oncall support is also required for the service owned.
The OCI Core teams have to follow a highly collaborative work culture. Your ability to take initiative in an ever changing environment to own results without ego and deliver value to the customers will determine your success in our group.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
· 5+ years of experience in applications development
· Experience with Typescript, Node.js/npm, Enzyme, Jest and designing and implementing form-factor independent UI
· 2+ years of experience in developing large scale backend distributed services / applications
· Excellent codingskills
· Developing algorithms to efficiently solve problems for moving data across a distributed network efficiently and reliably
· Expert skills with programming in Java or object oriented language of your choice.
· Excellent organisational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Experience withNetworking applications is highly desirableDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.