Senior Cloud Engineer at Stellar Technology Solutions () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:03
AWS Cloud EngineerStellar Technology Solutions LLC, a leading provider of software and outsourced business services to the philanthropic market is looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer with a passion to push innovation, new ideas, and who is energized by tackling new challenges each day. You will be working with an agile team to build the next generation technology stack. This is a great opportunity to work with the latest best practices in an engineering team that is highly supportive of doing things the right way. Think twelve-factor, immutable infrastructure, fully containerized, infrastructure and config described in code. With mostly greenfield projects ahead of you, you'll be building a lot from scratch as we grow and scale. More importantly, you need to be comfortable with trying, failing and course-correcting fast.
You will support a hybrid cloud environment consisting of Nodejs, Apache Kafka, Angular, MongoDB and PostgreSQL. We currently operate out of multiple datacenters with the goal of building into AWS. We plan on leveraging Docker and deploying to Amazon EKS using Terraform and orchestrating our deployment using automation.
The ideal candidate:
- You’ve worked for a fintech company and have experience with implementing security controls and managing technical security/compliance programs.
- You know what it's like to work as part of a team. You understand the importance of interfacing between different people and teams to get things done.
- You've worked on multiple different projects and not the same project multiple times.
- You've used a cloud provider such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform. You refuse to build your infrastructure by hand, you are a big believer in infrastructure as code.
- You've scripted using Bash or Python.
In the first three months, you'll
- Help design and implement Amazon EKS using best practices. We’ll build and secure our development environment using Terraform/Terragrunt.
- Work with stakeholders to design and implement a CI/CD process.
- Help with containerizing a single page application and deploying it into EKS.
By the sixth month, you'll
- Help automate building out each environment using the GitOps philosophy with Terraform.
- Work closely with our DevSecOps team to implement best practices when it comes to securing our application and infrastructure.
- Help with data replication from our datacenter into AWS. We’ll leverage Kafka, PostgreSQL and MongoDB to support this endeavor
Within the first 12 months, you'll
- Collaborate within our small Infrastructure Engineering team to shape and improve the infrastructure.
- Empower our cross-functional teams to deliver quality software by enhancing the developer experience of their local development by bringing new and innovative practices.
- Work closely with QA and Engineering teams to streamline our CI/CD and automated release process.
- Have an advanced intermediate understanding of Terraform
- Have made significant improvements to the way we ship and monitor code, we want to be able to execute canary deploys.
This position is a full-time remote position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision discounts, 401K, and vacation time. On occasion (and after pandemic restrictions lift), travel may occur for occasional all staff events or meetings on premises in the Stroudsburg, PA office facility or the Austin, TX office facility.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an established/rapidly growing, private software company located in Stroudsburg, PA. Please visit our website for details of our iPhi Software Suite (iPhiTM CoreEnterprise and iPhiTM PrivateViews) http://www.stellartechsol.com