Senior Back-end Engineers (Node) at Swyftx (Milton, Australia)
Location: Milton, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:02:02
Swyftx is an innovative fin-tech startup/scaleup, rapidly building a name for itself as Australia’s most feature-rich and best-priced digital currency exchange, with goals set on being the largest cryptocurrency trading platform in Australia. Our platform has surpassed 130,000 users and growing fast, we therefore are building an exceptional team to support this fantastic growth. We’re putting our people’s values, and our customer’s experience first, with goals of becoming Australia’s next billion-dollar success story.
Our platform is evolving continuously, and we work hard to upholds our high standards for new and improved features. To continue to build by popular demand, Swyftx is searching for Senior Back-end Engineers that are passionate about elegant code, design patterns, software architecture, development best practices and are up to date with new technologies, frameworks and other languages. We are also Looking for a Back-end Technical Lead!
Day to day tasks will include:
As part of the Platform Team that owns and delivers on all parts of the system that deals with orders and transactions, you will be writing code (Node) that is responsible for millions of dollars in transactions, innovating on new features, optimising systems, collaborating with the team and performing peer reviews.
- Transforming business requirements and user feedback into product features that involve developing in different languages and technologies in the back-end layer.
- Providing complementary skills/expertise to the team and continuously learning from peers and seniors.
- Continually performing code reviews and knowledge transfers to other developers
- Providing, colleagues and customers with technical advice.
This is you:
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field.
- 4+ years of full-time software engineering experience.
- Experience with NodeJS and a comprehensive understanding of Async programming.
- Relational databases (ideal MYSQL).
- API interface design & implementation.
- Good understanding of the AWS environment and product suite.
- Possesses initiative and has an adaptive and proactive nature.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage your own workflow.
- Good analytical skills for solution design, software build and problem resolution.
- A customer-focused mindset in all aspects of your work.
You will experience first-hand what it means to say “I did that” as you watch your ideas and visions become a reality, impacting thousands of people every day.
You will be working amongst a team of innovators, industry disruptors and caffeine consumers. The open-plan office based in Milton creates a relaxed and supportive environment with stand-up desks, music, a fully stocked kitchen and end of trip facilities. We plan regular engaging group activities, after hours sport activities such as tennis and celebrate our wins with every month.
To see our full list of benefits visit our careers page https://swyftx.com.au/careers
Interested? Please the 'Apply Now' button and we look forward to engage with you.
You will have the rights to legally work in Australia. Background security checks may be conducted on potential candidates prior to employment. Sponsorship options are not available for this role.