Senior ML & Data Infrastructure Engineer at Verdigris Technologies, Inc. () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:56
- You are interested in solving technical problems that have a positive impact on the world. You are looking to build visionary, scalable, and efficient data pipelines. You are a team-minded software expert who will refine our tech stack, our engineering culture, and impact our portfolio of mission-critical buildings. You can work from anywhere and stay productive--working fully remote is acceptable as long as you can pair for at least 3 or 4 hours with the team in San Francisco during a normal working day.
- As a Senior ML & Data Infrastructure Engineer at Verdigris you will part of the team responsible for building the core platform and services to enable machine learning and data applications. Your primary responsibility is to help mentor our team to produce a robust API and platform as a foundation for all other applications.
- Comprised of embedded/hardware, ML/data scientists and Full-stack engineers, the Software Team’s mission is to acquire high fidelity data from our sensors to help customers enhance operational efficiency and manage energy while fighting climate change. We organize as an agile workflow in 2 week sprints.
- As a senior member of the team your responsibilities will include contributing to our engineering practices, pairing culture, and organizational processes in your team, and across our entire company
- You will help design and own our Kubernetes cluster.
- You will teach and learn within a global team of continuously improving engineers
- You will enhance our agile engineering practices and pairing culture
- You will build and maintain RESTful APIs, cloud infrastructure and data platform for managing energy usage in buildings across the globe.
- You will help us setup scalable enterprise-grade infrastructure for running thousands of Machine Learning jobs with AWS Lambda and Batch
- You will help us develop the foundations of products that deliver insightful data to our customers
- You will work across teams with product managers and customer teams to build deep customer empathy and prioritize work that delivers meaningful customer outcomes.
- You will write tests and tools to monitor, triage, integrate, and repair our production environment
- You’ll perform all necessary technical engineering skills to help meet the team and company goals.
- You hold a bachelors degree (BS, BA/AB) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- You have at least 3-5 years full time industry experience in software engineering
- You are and expert in Kubernetes
- You are experienced in middleware, modern back-end frameworks (NGINX, Node.js, Terraform, etc.)
- You have experience coding in Python or Node.
- You have experience in the full release cycle of a commercial product
- You have experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.) and understand the trade-offs between different schemas and architectures.
Nice to Haves:
- You hold graduate degrees (MS or Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- You are experienced in cloud computing environments (AWS, AliCloud, Azure, GCP)
- You embrace paired programming, test driven development and continuous integration
- You learn continuously and are passionate about software development
- You listen actively and build consensus
- You empathize strongly with customer problems
- You communicate complex concepts simply
- You have experience leading and mentoring teams