(Junior) Developer (f/m/d) C# for SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) at SAP (Walldorf, Germany)
Location: Walldorf, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:20
Requisition ID: 282636Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentLocation: Walldorf Expected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time or Part time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Summary & The Role
As a (Junior) Developer (f/m/d) you will be a member of a young and inspired team, focusing on the development of the main planning UI of SAP IBP, the Microsoft Excel-based user interface. This UI is used across all SAP IBP applications and by ten thousand of end users every month around the globe. The main programming language used is C#. More information about the SAP IBP, add-in for Microsoft Excel can be found in this video and this document.
Your development tasks within a scrum team:
- Design, implement and test the solutions within SAP IBP using the latest technologies
- Support customers in solving issues and maintaining the solution
- Understand the business requirements and translate them to concepts and designs
- Take responsibility and ensure completion of assigned tasks on time and with high quality
- Support quality activities, like the creation of automated tests
- Apply agile software engineering methods in a dynamic development environment
- Eagerness and joy in programming
- A solution-oriented attitude in a highly innovative and dynamic work environment
- Strong programming skills and knowledge in C#, WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) and .Net are mandatory
- Good Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Good knowledge around the concepts of object-oriented programming
- Constructive and open-minded style of communication
- Analytical thinking and a self-motivated working attitude
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Prior touchpoints with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Basic understanding of REST- webservices, and HTTP methods
- Knowledge around common data formats such as JSON and XML
- Basic knowledge of C/C++
- Understanding of administrative tasks in Windows (User Permissions, Registry, Installation of Programs)
- Experiences with version control systems (e.g. Perforce, TFS, Git)
- Knowledge around the concepts of MVC (Model View Controller) / MVVM (Model View ViewModel) pattern
Associate or 1-2 years of experience in the software development of complex applications. Graduates welcome!
About the Team
SAP Integrated Business Planning (SAP IBP) is a cloud solution running business processes in the area of supply chain planning. It enables companies to react quickly to customer demands and expectations and helps them handle changes and shortages in the supply chain by generating a short to mid-term supply plan, based on prioritized and categorized demand such as orders and forecasts. SAP IBP is an extremely successful cloud solution and offers various interesting growth opportunities.
To learn more about SAP IBP have a look at our videos on YouTube.
The development of SAP IBP is fueled by the collaboration between several teams in different locations around the world and the co-innovation with customers from different kinds of industries and regions. Hence teamwork and the collaboration with others is part of our daily business.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENTTo harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.