Lead Software Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Charlotte, NC)
Location: Charlotte, NC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:19
Treasury Management at Jack Henry & Associates is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Treasury Management leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
What you and your team are working on
The Lead Software Engineer plans, participates, and works with our team on a suite of single page applications in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. You will be constantly learning, teaching, and changing gears often (e.g. from code reviewing a unit test for a multi-threading bug to learning about the nuances NACHA business rules to writing a tech design for a new cache framework to pair programming with a senior developer on an ETL script).
Although you work in a team you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to define the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your team, and the end user.
About the Treasury Management team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. We place high value on continuing education and contribution to, and use of, open source projects. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack, and contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
This position will be hired in Charlotte, NC or Remotely.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in software development.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft .NET/C#/ASP.NET.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with API’s/Web Services.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cloud technologies (Azure or AWS).
- Must have experience with .NET Core 2.0 and higher.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience with Middleware.
- Experience with design patterns and/or SOLID principles.
- Strong business acumen concerning development of new technologies.
- Experience with multitenant software platforms.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.