Senior/Regular .NET Developer at Grand Parade (Kraków, Poland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Kraków, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:01:11
We bet we can be a great matchDo you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?About usWorking with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.The teamWe are now looking for a Backend developer to help us build and maintain some of our products. You will be a part of the high-paced Responsible Gaming & Communications team where you will contribute with your excellent communication skills and your wide technical and architectural knowledge. Working in a tight group we take pride in our deliveries and the product. As a person, you will also have a chance to drive your own initiatives and lead others by example.The team is known to take care of responsible gameplay (Green Gaming) focused on users wagering and other limits, national self-exclusion and a predictive tool showing users gambling results based on AI algorithms. Our communications part is handling proper email, sms and other communications to be send to users who opted in. Moving forward a new system built from scratch will be leading and structuring the whole William Hill communications send outs.Your role in the team
- Designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Preparing and producing releases of software components.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Planning scrum sprints with PO, Architect, Team Lead
- Taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback
- Collaboration with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
- Contributing to CI & release pipeline
- Organizing & executing releases
- Supporting production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours
- Proven hands on experience coding and designing applications using .NET Core (min. 2 years)
- Excellent knowledge of C# programming
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of REST APIs and integration patterns with 3rd party services and different clients
- Experienice with SQL Server
- Experience with CI/CD and GitLab, deployment pipeline
- Experience in Cloud technologies: AWS or Azure
- Good English skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Experience in working with domain driven design and web services
- Experience with any NoSQL database such as MongoDb
- Experience with containers and clusters: Docker, Kubernetes clusters
- Experience working in a DevOps culture
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities – virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics.
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.