Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack at C2FO (Leawood, KS) (allows remote)
Location: Leawood, KS
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-04-08 05:00:55
Our Software Engineers are at the forefront of how customers interact with C2FO. Working with our Product team, we create applications for both internal and external customers. Our philosophy: short iterations with a focus on scalability while ensuring maintainability.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of technical designs and key areas of the system.
- Work with our Product Managers to break down project details and ensure requirements are complete.
- Develop and ship code to complete impactful projects.
- Give and receive feedback on your team’s code on GitHub.
- Mentor, pair with, and support the growth of other engineers.
- Apply good coding practices to ensure our codebase is readable, secure, and scalable.
- Improve our documentation and document design decisions and rationale.
- Collaborate with others across the company, including Product, DevOps, and operational stakeholders.
What you’ll need
- Passionate about solving problems for a fast-paced FinTech company
- Concerned with the success of their teammates as well as themself
- Respectful towards teammates regardless of their abilities
- Able to work in a highly collaborative software development environment
- Willing to debate, obtain, and move forward with the best solution
- Always digging deeper to understand the problem space and the 'why' of your work.
- Passionate about testing, code quality, and continuous integration
- Vigilant in identifying tech debt and always improving how we do things
- Persistent in the face of roadblocks; dispatches them efficiently, pulling in others as necessary.
- Comfortable with source control, especially git
- Self-motivated developer who can work independently
- Bachelor's or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the job offered or in a related position
- Proficient communication in English both written and verbal
We'd be particularly delighted to hire someone who has experience with:
- Relational database (PostgreSQL)
- RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- AWS or GCP
- Docker and Kubernetes