Software Engineer - Technical Specialist at Siemens AG (Towcester, UK)
Location: Towcester, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-03-08 05:00:44
Duringthe current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital IndustriesSoftware is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including currentand future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciateyour patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about howSiemens is responding to the pandemic.
Beforeour software engineers write even a single line of code, they strive tounderstand what drives our customers. What is their environment or user storybased on? Implementation means trying, testing, and improving outcomes untila final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange discussions withcolleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom tothink in completely new categories!
We arelooking for someone who wants to work in technical software engineering withthe Simcenter Flomaster development team.
Simcenter Flomaster offers fast and accuratesimulation of liquid, gas and two-phase systems; facilitating upfrontengineering to reduce lead times and optimise capital and operationalexpenditures.
We areseeking an individual with interest in software, mechanical engineering andsimulation systems. A creative problem solver who is willing to take and ownthe risk of developing simple solutions to complex multi-dimensional problems.
We expectyou to take initiative to push projects forward yourself and through othersusing system simulation and CFD to solve engineering problems.
You arewilling and able to learn and apply in depth knowledge of
- Multiple languages / platforms including C# (.NET 5), C++, Python
- Cross platform development (Windows / Linux)
- 3rd party APIs (CAD, Fluid provider, System Simulators, 3D CFD)
- Algorithmic and platform / code specific optimisation techniques
- Use of TDD, SOLID and DRY practices
As partof an agile team, you will work with multiple teams who develop iteratively andcollaborate with partners and senior fluid / mechanical engineers.
This rolewill involve the following aspects.
- Collaborating with R&D Director to translate Requirements into sophisticated working software
- Able to learn the Siemens service based eco-system and innovate within that space
- Able to work across a range of software technologies
- Designing and implementing code changes using Test Driven Development and Refactoring
- Working on all levels of the code from data and analysis to GUI
- Developing within an Agile Environment by working closely with other members of the Agile Team every day.
- Developing Flomasters framework and architecture to support creation, deployment and integration of digital twin services across a range of hardware and cloud-based environments.
- Able to embrace the joy of innovation in a collaborative environment
- Act as Technical Lead on Major Projects
- Works without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgement and technical expertise.
- Coaching and Mentoring junior software engineers
We wouldconsider applicants with a range of experience. Our ideal candidate would have proven experience in a similarsetting. However, we would considerrecent graduates who can demonstrate the potential to grow into this role.
- Degree educated in Technical, Engineering or Scientific field.
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
Experienceand expertise in one or more of these technical areas would be helpful:
- Data science and machine learning tools
- Participating in technical architecture decisions for complex products
- Building high-available, resilient, scalable, low latency services in distributed architecture
- Mathematical modelling, numerical techniques or Computational Fluid Dynamics.
- Computational modelling of thermo-fluid engineering systems
- Developing for CAD systems
- Understanding 1D networks and internal flow system
- Cooperate with product/design to build polished consumer facing products.
- User Experience and Graphic Design
Make yourmark in our exciting world at Siemens. Make real what matters.
AtSiemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are anequal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender,sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We willensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodationto participate in the job application or interview process, to performessential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges ofemployment.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time