Senior Data Engineer - Data Insights (m/f/d) at Signavio (Berlin, Germany) (allows remote)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-28 05:01:08
Data driven decisions. Data informed management. “Data” and all related efforts around it has moved from being “another buzzword” into becoming an essential part of the most successful corporations.
Signavio’s data insights team aims to provide reliable quality data, tools and services to stakeholders both from inside the engineering department as well as from the outside (e.g. C Suite), enabling them to better understand our users, products & processes. This is a cornerstone to track the progress on our goals, to shed light on business relevant information, to discover areas that need improvement, and to enable data driven decision making throughout the whole organisation.
The human side
This team has interesting challenges ahead (some of them are listed in the responsibilities section below) and therefore collaboration is a key attribute for anyone wanting to join it. We’re in this for the long run and we know that together we can go further. That’s why empathy and good communication skills are essential. Healthy interpersonal relationships are a must. Being truly inclusive and respectful allows us to deliver on the expectations, manage them, and… most of the time to have fun while doing it.
Note: We support your relocation but due to tax reason you’d be required to be resident in one of the following countries: Germany, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherland, UK. Visa support can currently be offered only for Germany.
- Shape and co-create a robust, scalable data platform, enabling deep business insights
- Design and implement near-time and batch data transformation pipelines
- Ensure high data quality while keeping maintenance efforts low
- Define new and extend existing data models, matching business and the user’s needs
- Partner with engineers, data scientists, and business analysts
- Be a sparring partner for other data engineers
- Deep knowledge of data modeling and data processing (ETL/ELT) and related technologies and concepts
- Proven experience in designing and implementing a cloud based data platform architecture
- In-depth knowledge of relational/SQL DBMS technology, being able to describe internal data structures and algorithms for query processing and optimizations, at best for PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Comfortable using NoSQL databases, e.g. for XML & JSON documents, key-values or graphs
- Significant hands-on experience with relevant technologies, such as AWS Analytics, Apache Spark & AirFlow
- Up to date - and regularly applied - software development skills, e.g. Java or Python
- Keen on modern DevOps and DataOps principles such as automated testing, infrastructure as code and automate everything
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.