Senior Member of Technical Staff (Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development) (JoinOCI-REI) at Oracle (Vilnius, Lithuania)
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-28 05:00:33
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is building a next-generation cloud platform that supports the most demanding mission-critical customer requirements, operating at a global scale to provide a secure, distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. https://www.oracle.com/cloud/
Oracle Tactical Edge Cloud (OTEC) is a new product that extends Oracle Cloud beyond the datacenters and brings its core features to customer locations, even those without consistent internet access. We are building a complex yet exciting offering that will span across cloud services and a fleet of ruggedized, high powered devices that will handle a wide range of specialized workloads in collecting, processing, and analyzing massive amounts of data where low latency computing is critical.
We are looking for hands-on engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in many areas – such as distributed systems, virtualized infrastructure, specialized high-performance hardware, and highly available services. If this is you, at OTEC is an opportunity to design and build our innovative new services and systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As aSenior Member of Technical Staff,you will build major new features in our products. As an owner of your feature, you will set the example by writing performant, secure, robust code and tests, drive operational readiness of your feature and strongly contribute to planning, design and architecture of the overall product. You will improve your team’s engineering practices, operational excellence, development process, mentoring of more junior engineers and overall ownership of your part of the larger product or service.
- Own the engineering delivery of a service or product.
- Work closely with architects, principals, product and program managers to deliver product features on time and with high quality.
- Drive engineering efforts and provide direction to other members of the team.
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that may dent the team’s ability to execute.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field (MS preferred)
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, and distributed systems fundamentals.
- SOLID programming experience with either C++ or Java
- Contributed to production multi-tier applications
- POSIX filesystems, Data intensive applications w.r.t. filesystems
- Linux, Security, Networking, macsec, macvtap, macvlan
- Experience establishing CICD and hands-on experience with test automation frameworks (Airflow, Cucumber, Selenium)