Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Glasgow, UK)
Location: Glasgow, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-28 05:00:32
CIB Application Engineering and Architecture (AEA) group aims to continuously modernise CIB applications and engineering practices to create efficiency and leverage. CIB AEA Engineering Efficiency team is serving the overall AEA mission by developing a suite of data insights to enable transparency and support data-driven decisions with the aim of assessing and improving engineering efficiency. The group is also developing solutions and tooling to automate processes, enhance developer experience and accelerate modernization outcomes. Some of the projects we are working on is integrating solutions in SDLC pipeline to proactively promote real-time code improvement. We are continuously evolving our products to innovate including advanced data science solutions and novel approaches to problem solving.
We are looking for a strong software engineer with a solid SDLC mindset and passion for creative problem solving in general to help us deliver high-quality and scalable products. Prior experience with building core engineering SDLC tooling is highly desirable.
You are willing to transform, think out of the box and learn new skills if required in response to rapid changes and business needs. You will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance our mission. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists focused and dedicated on enhancing processes and building solutions to improve technology delivery. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development practices is imperative.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of the business
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Diligent, methodical and attentive to detail
- Self-starter, self-motivated and adaptable team player
- Fast learning, enjoys solving complex problems and creating simple solutions
- Experience with at least one mainstream programming language such as Java or Python
- Experience with using or ideally building/integrating SDLC tools, e.g., CI/CD, code quality tools
- Experience of container based deployments - Kubernetes
- Experience of automating processes at scale
- Experience using SDLC practices and delivering high quality and robust software products
- Experience with infrastructure components and their integration into application architecture
- Experience with or passion for data analytics
- Experience with building/integrating developer SDLC tools
- Experience using Agile methodologiesJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.