DevOps Engineer at HeidelbergCement AG (Brno-jih, Czechia)
Location: Brno-jih, Czechia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:29
HeidelbergCement one of the largest construction materials companies worldwide is looking for a DevOps Engineer to scale our microservice oriented architecture on a rock-solid containerized infrastructure. You will work with a small SRE team on the stack of our digital suite and align in the cross-department Cloud Solutions group how we run the companies cloud infrastructure distributed across the globe. Your mission is to enable our engineering teams to enjoy the beauty of continuous delivery and provide best of class observability across our system. Ideally you started your career as a developer and later transitioned to SRE.
We as a DAX 30 company are working very hard on the digitalization of our core businesses. The journey of becoming a Digital Leader has just started and now it’s the perfect time to join us and form an outstanding DevOps team that is all about automation, quality and uptime.
Additional training and coaching are part of the package so if you are passionate about site reliability engineering and committed to both observability and agility then this is the job for you.
The position is located in our IT center in Brno but full-remote working might be an option, too.
What can you expect?
You will be contributing to our cross-functional product teams and advocate for observability, gradual changes, modern tooling and automation in our Kubernetes stack on OKD using GitLab CI pipelines. You will use EFK, Grafana and Prometheus to keep our system monitored and alert ahead of time if the service to our customers is suspect to disruption. Together with your DevOps colleagues you will solve challenging problems from cluster to application level and on the Azure Cloud. On top of this you can expect to:
- design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- take ownership of our CI/CD pipelines and make them better every day
- build tools, services and plugins to bridge the gaps in our current infrastructure
- mandate blameless post mortems
- perform thorough measuring of the system
- stay up to date with new tools and developments
- be regularly approachable for our teams in an on-call plan
- At least three years of work experience in software engineering and/or operations
- Understanding of automation, source control, virtualization, build and release best practices
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Gitlab
- Practical knowledge with Openshift, OKD & Kubernetes
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with the EFK stack is a plus
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible and the Azure Cloud is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or comparable qualification)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Who would fit to us?
- You consider repetitive tasks as your enemy and always drive for automation
- You are a DevOps Engineer that can code and not just bash scripting (.NET, Java, JS)
- You have a very solid sense of ownership and drive
- You have very good English language skills
- You are comfortable to work in an international team
- You are eager to travel internationally (occasionally)