Senior Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) - OMS at Westwing Home & Living (München, Deutschland) (allows remote)
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:00:11
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer (m/f/d) to join our tech department.
In this position, you will work developing the Westwing warehouse management system. The application is currently used in 6 of our warehouses spread across 5 countries (Germany, France, Poland, Spain and Italy). It manages all the processes in the warehouse, starting from the inbound of the items, going through the whole lifecycle of an inventory item, packaging it and delivering it to the customer as well as the tracking of the shipments and the returns.
Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP 7, React, jQuery, MySQL, Docker, RabbitMQ, RESTful APIs, Memcached, AWS, Kubernetes, git, Jenkins/GitLab CI
Our team of 20+ people is located in both Warsaw and in Munich. The team consists of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance, Project Managers, Devops Engineers and Engineering Managers.
You will work on:
- Developing robust backend and frontend logic of a warehouse management system
- Developing communication with other internal systems using APIs and message queues
- Introducing reusable frontend components for the systems that our team develops
- Developing new frontend features, pages and views using the React framework
- Sharing good frontend practices with more backend-oriented developers in the team
- Profiling and debugging frontend and backend performance using industry-leading tools (e.g. NewRelic, Blackfire)
- Developing high quality code ensuring best practices, patterns and coding standards.
- Good knowledge of backend technologies such as MySQL, Memcached/Redis, Docker etc.
- Nice to have: knowledge of RabbitMQ
- Experience in unit & functional testing
- Experience in designing and implementing API communication between systems
- Ability to work in an English-speaking team
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- The possibility of building something new, in a data driven and ambitious team
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
- A remote-first set up. The company has transitioned to a remote work set up and plan to keep it as the main working mode. You are free to visit the office if you like, but you don’t have to if you don’t! All the processes are set up in a way that enables efficient remote work you will not feel missing out if you are working remotely.
- A great atmosphere. Friday parties, team events, and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out. At the moment most of the activities are remote due to the restrictions but we’ll also add offline activities once the world is sane again.
Location: Munich or Warsaw or RemoteContact Person: Markus WinklerRequisition Number:2113
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.