Fullstack Developer (m/f/d) at Westwing Home & Living (München, Deutschland) (allows remote)
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:00:10
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 9 years on the market, we have grown to more than 267 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,500 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Fullstack Developer (m/f/d) to join our Growth Hacking team. As a full stack developer, you will design and develop complex web applications, services and modules for our e-commerce systems. You will integrate with our shops and other internal and external systems and create a great customer experience for our users. Adhering to agile software development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
Westwing headquarters is located in Munich, Germany, but for this position, working fully remote (even outside Germany) is also possible. It is, however, crucial that you are available between the hours of 9am - 6pm Central European Time (CET).
What we do:
- Owning the financial processes triggered by customer sales for Westwing & Westwing now in all countries.
- Leading and driving key projects throughout the full product development process: from ideation phase, through design, specification and development, over to the launch and post-release analysis
- Collaborating closely with the Finance business teams, other product teams and external partners (e.g. 3rd party payment providers) to ensure the correct financial process flow for new features and solutions across products and teams.
- Working hand-in-hand with a dedicated development team and tracking closely the progress of the development to deliver in time, quality and budget.
- Driving solution rollouts, monitoring and measuring launched projects and feeding insights back into the product development process for further improvements.
You come with:
- In the Growth Hacking team we focus on improving user experience of our customers and developing features that can provide significant growth to the company without additional marketing budgets. The main advantage of this kind of work is that the result is usually immediately visible and easily measurable.
- The team is responsible for both frontend and backend. Right now, we mainly work with an e-commerce monolith and a number micro-services and internal tools built on various tech stacks and platforms like K8s and AWS. But overall, there are a lot of different projects inside the company and many of them may benefit from our support in the future.
- We use React as a frontend framework for all new features, but also make many changes in legacy jQuery-based parts of the codebase. For the backend we mostly use PHP7+ and sometimes Node.js.
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on a daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
- Furthermore, you will optimize our platform for best performance. Adhering to agile development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them with team members.
- ReactJs, ES6+, TypeScript, HTML5, SCSS, jQuery
- PHP7+,Yii, Node.js, Express
- PHPUnit, Jest, Behat, PHPCS, PHPMD
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, JSON, RPC)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Debian, Bash, nginx, php-fpm
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords above
- Several years of experience in development with React.js or other modern frontend framework
- Several years of experience with PHP based applications
- Ideally experience with APIs, frontend and backend integration
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Agile teams where your ideas and solutions are valued
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing e-commerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structures
Location: Munich/remoteContact Person: Markus WinklerRequisition ID: 2028
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.