Software Architect - SMO CS MRX at Siemens AG (Perth, Australia)
Location: Perth, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:00:53
Siemens Mobility MRX is an advanced project and product engineering company, well established in providing products and services to the railway, mining & exploration industries.
We develop design, build, install, commission and maintain advanced industrial measurement and control equipment, mostly for passenger and heavy freight railways globally. Current project work is as diverse as instrumentation to automate the measurement of rail vehicle component wear (including wheels, brakes and power collection) and the extensive monitoring of a wide range of track properties, through to the automatic operation of long heavy freight trains.
Due to our continued expansion, we are offering the right person the exciting opportunity to fill the important full-time role of Software Architect.
As a member of the Siemens Mobility Engineering team based in West Perth, you will report directly to our Head of VEMS and work with a great team producing custom solutions for our global clients.
In the face of challenging and changing requirements and realization technologies, you will be responsible for the following:
- Driving and guiding a technical realization concept that allows a cost efficient and timely outcome of software with the appropriate level of quality.
- Validating system, customer, market or contract requirements and clarifying the understanding and feasibly, translating them into software requirements
- Drives the elaboration of realization alternatives and the decision process.
- Coaches and motivates a software development team regarding technical aspects; involves necessary experts from late phases, like operation or service.
To be considered in this role it is likely you will have the following:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position. With at least 2 years working with IoT applications and architecture
- An engineering degree majoring in Software from an Australian University, or an engineering degree in electrical/electronics/Mechatronics/Mechanical with relevant experience in software development, or qualification of equivalent standard from an Australian or overseas University (An additional higher-level degree is preferable eg Masters, PhD)
- Demonstrated understanding of software architectures and previous exposure to wide range of software tools, techniques, operating systems and approaches. Ability to develop suitable new architectures for new products and projects
- Solid experience implementing systems in C/C++ (or other appropriate implementation) and assisting with their integration into existing software packages
- Extensive experience with provisioning, configuration and build services such as Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Chef or similar
- Python (Basic)
- Perform complex analysis, consulting and providing recommendations to internal clients.
- Requirements Management capturing user requirements and creating technical specifications and software test plans
- Previous exposure to algorithm development, assisting with the conceptual design, development and implementation of algorithms, sensor data acquisition and fusion techniques.
- Demonstrated project experience in Edge/Cloud Computing architecture, including AWS/Azure/GCP or Private Cloud.
- Experience with migrating existing architecture to Services Orientated Architecture and/or Microservices.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget
- A problem solving mentality with the ability to "think outside of the box"
- Able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Able to work effectively within a diverse team of highly skilled engineers in local and global offices.
- Strong project team involvement and understanding of safety, quality, budget and schedule priorities and importance.
- Experience working with mixed SW/HW solution products.
- Good understanding of software development for railway related systems
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a culturally diverse environment.
- Data Distribution Service experience (e.g OpenDDS)
- Cyber Security application in industrial design systems
- Experience working within a strict quality management system
If you have the passion and determination to be involved in a team creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for international customers, and have the drive to see these solutions implemented and supported, this may present a unique full-time opportunity. Siemens Mobility is an equal opportunity employer with zero tolerance for discrimination in the selection process.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating awork environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivatesInnovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employeesbelong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potentialof our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinelysupports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees tobest meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time