Security Manager at ShapeShift (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:00:35
ShapeShift is seeking a Security Manager to manage a team of security engineers in a fast paced startup for this growing organization. The Security Manager will be coordinating a variety of resources to help keep ShapeShift’s users, staff, and systems safe. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years performing technical aspects of cybersecurity, and 2+ years managing direct reports, allowing them to effectively manage a team of cybersecurity professionals. This position offers a unique opportunity to grow a team and build security infrastructure for a mid-stage startup.
This is a full-time position, based in Denver, Colorado or fully remote in western time zones and reports to the CISO.
The ideal candidate will be open to daily changes in workflow and protocol (and force us to improve workflows). As a start-up in an evolving space, there are new challenges that require new solutions every day. Learn more about who we are at ShapeShift.com/careers
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage a team of security personnel, completing regular performance reviews
- Participate in architectural planning and implementation of ShapeShift software
- Administer access to ShapeShift internal tooling
- Manage Security Vendor Relations
- Manage ShapeShift’s Responsible Disclosure Program, coordinating vulnerability fixes between external researchers and internal engineers
- Manage ShapeShift’s Access Review Committee, reinforcing least-privilege philosophy across the company
- Conduct investigations and post-mortem reviews for security incidents
- Build and manage ShapeShift’s Security Operations Centre
- Coordinate security resources to conduct penetration tests and source code audits
- Lead by example, educating ShapeShift staff on secure habits and mindsets
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience conducting source code audits, penetration tests, and other technical aspects of cybersecurity
- Project management and delegation skills, with the ability to roll up your sleeves if needed
- Ability to identify and close your own knowledge gaps quickly with online research
- Kubernetes and Docker
- AWS, GCE, etc.
- Typescript, Terraform, Pulumi
- Blockchain and cryptocurrency knowledge
- Experience with Open Source software
Feel that you don’t meet the requirements but are still passionate about your mission? Apply! We look for team members whose desire to make a real impact on an organization and the world grows by the day.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
ShapeShift is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Salary band: $129,000 - $158,000
- Company Equity
- 100% Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Remote work
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Opportunity to be paid in Bitcoin