Senior Software Engineer for Special Programs at Hellebore Consulting Group, LLC (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH)
Location: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:00:22
As a Senior Software Engineer for Special Programs, you will help participate in the development of modern, high-performance mission systems for the Air Force's most forward-leaning projects. As part of a digital strike team, you will help design and execute rapid software development projects to meet critical mission needs.
With a strong path for professional growth, you will use modern programming languages (i.e. C++20) and practices to work with a small, dedicated team on building a new software architecture. Hellebore has plenty of room for you to be creative and innovative. (There's no maintaining someone else's legacy code here!) Our on-site team utilizes modern DevSecOps practices to engage with our client on highly specialized (and interesting) problems. We value beautiful, well-tested, high-quality code. We leverage automation wherever possible. (You aren't still using a coding style guide like its 2010, are you?)
We need an engaged engineer, passionate about technology. The right candidate is ready to step in and grow. We are looking for a well-rounded software engineer, well-versed in design principles, and ready to hit the ground running designing and implementing advanced software.
It takes all types to make Hellebore great. If you are someone who enjoys creating innovative ways to reach ambitious goals, who is open to and energized by receiving honest feedback and is comfortable in a start-up environment: we should talk.
WE THINK YOU’LL CLICK WITH US IF YOU:
- Aren’t a punch-the-clock coder — technology has always been pervasive in your life, from building drones to contributing to open source sites
- Possess high standards and strive to deliver beautiful solutions
- Insist on seeing your projects through from start to finish
- Stay sharp in your craft by keeping on top of new tools and staying abreast of what’s going on in your field
- Are open-minded, appreciate direct feedback, and revel in intellectually rigorous environments
YOU’LL GROW WITH US BY:
- Having whole-problem responsibility — we don’t feed engineers features and bugs to fulfill
- Working in small teams — we emphasize agile, mission-driven work; not monolithic waterfall projects
- Collaborating with experts in their fields, becoming one of a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaged minds
YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Working with some seriously advanced tech
- Writing code (C, C++, C++17, C++20, OpenGL, Boost, Docker, K8S, Python)
- Designing and implementing test suites
- Consulting on software design, architecture development, and implementation paradigms
- Working with a diverse and talented team on next-generation problems
- U.S. Citizen able to obtain a national security clearance (i.e. Secret, Top Secret, SCI)
- A degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or another related technical field
- Strong Expert-Level Experience with at least one modern programming language
- Demonstrated project ownership, not just participation
- The ability to write an entire program using nothing but GOTO statements
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
It’s important to us that you have what you need to do your job best. We know that’s more than just loving what you do. At Hellebore, we are proud to offer industry-leading benefits.