Senior Cloud Software Engineer at Hellebore Consulting Group, LLC (Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH)
Location: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:00:22
At Hellebore, we’re working on automating everything, tackling the hard problems, and embedding security and quality into every step of the way.
With a strong path for professional growth, you will use modern tools (i.e. Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Docker, Istio) and practices to work with a small, dedicated team on building a new software architecture. In this role, you will utilize DevSecOps to help build advanced microservice-based architectures for mission-critical systems. This new project has plenty of room for you to be creative and innovative. (There's no maintaining someone else's legacy code here!) Our on-site team utilizes modern development practices to engage with our client on highly specialized (and interesting) problems. We value beautiful, well-tested, high-quality code. We leverage automation wherever possible. (You aren't still using a coding style guide like its 2010, are you?)
It takes all types to make Hellebore great. If you are someone who enjoys creating innovative ways to reach ambitious goals, who is open to and energized by receiving honest feedback and is comfortable in a start-up environment: we should talk.
WE THINK YOU’LL CLICK WITH US IF YOU:
- Aren’t a punch-the-clock coder. From tinkering with technology to contributing to open source sites, technology is more than your job.
- Have the self-discipline and drive to deliver quality solutions.
- See your projects through from start to finish.
- Are passionate about learning, appreciate direct feedback, and thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments
- Have experience working and developing in a Cloud environment (i.e. OpenStack, Azure, or AWS)
- Have a passion for DevSecOps (DevOps) and building scalable systems.
YOU’LL GROW WITH US BY:
- Having whole-problem responsibility — we don’t feed engineers features and bugs to fulfill
- Working in small teams — we emphasize agile, mission-driven work; not monolithic waterfall projects
- Collaborating with experts in their fields, becoming one of a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaged minds
YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Identifying and understanding cloud-native problems
- Designing and implementing cloud-scale solutions using best-of-breed technologies. (i.e. Kubernetes, Helm, PostgreSQL, Envoy, Ansible, Vagrant, Docker, ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, Istio, gRPC, Python, C++, Java, etc.)
- Working with a diverse and talented team on next-generation defense problems
- Be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a national security clearance (Secret, Top Secret, SCI)
- Experience with microservice architectures.
- Able to spell Kubernetes in at least 42 languages
TECHNOLOGY STACK EXAMPLES:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
It’s important to us that you have what you need to do your job best. We know that’s more than just loving what you do. At Hellebore, we are proud to offer an industry-leading benefits package.
Relocation assistance will be considered.