Senior API Platform Engineer at Citizens Bank (Providence, RI)
Location: Providence, RI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-21 05:00:06
As a Senior API Platform Engineer, you will work to modernize Citizens’ API Management Platform. Working alongside a team of accomplished engineers, you will use cloud technologies to facilitate some of the organizations most complex business operations, ranging from commercial banking to private wealth management.The successful candidate will drive the API management platform and toolset that supports applications inside and outside the bank. This includes creating, publishing, support and consuming APIs – notably REST, SOAP and new technologies like GraphQL, Webhooks, OAuth/OpenID Connect, analytics and the devops tools to support APIs across the bank. The ideal candidate will have a multi-disciplinary background and be capable of managing an API platform while helping software teams within the organization focus on development producing and consuming APIs for the greater bank and strategic FinTech partners. Additionally the candidate will also work to implement industry best practices and develop go-forward strategies.Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop, configure and support the enterprise API Management platform for the organization.
- Producing solution designs and implementation plans for cloud-based and on-premise API management solutions and infrastructure; incorporating innovative solutions into designs.
- Lead the organization to mature internal API development and management best practices working in conjunction with Strategy & Architecture, Software Development and Operations partners
- Serve as an API advocate; offering guidance to teams consuming and producing enterprise APIs within the bank.
- Establish monitoring key metrics necessary to understand and maintain performance of overall API traffic i.e. volume, availability, throughput and health.
- Participating in knowledge sharing sessions; offering relevant API management expertise to cross-functional teams; participating in solution design reviews.
- Collaborating with cyber security and software engineering teams to ensure the security of API-focused solutions.
- Discover and capitalize on automation opportunities that provide business value.
- 5+ years of working experience with API management platforms; developing API-based solutions
- Experience developing and implementing API management platforms and supporting API-based applications
- Experience with API technologies: REST, SOAP, Webhooks, Kafka, GraphQL, etc.
- Experience with API Management Platforms: IBM API Connect, Apigee, WSO2, Kong, etc.
- Experience with API security mechanisms: OpenID Connect, OAuth, Client-ID/secret, etc.
- Programming/Scripting: Java, Python, BASH shell, Drupal 8, PHP
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in the financial services industry; understanding of the role of custodial and consumer banks; experience managing sensitive financial data
- DevOps CI/CD experience using: Jenkins, Bamboo, Terraform, Ansible, SonarQube
- Working experience with cyber security; cyber security coursework, experience or certifications
- Experience with infrastructure architecture; cloud-applications to infrastructure
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Hours and Work ScheduleHours per Week: 40Work Schedule: M-F#LI-Sourcer1
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.