Linux OS Architecture and Development Expert (f/m/d) at Siemens AG (Erlangen, Germany)
Location: Erlangen, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-04 05:00:55
Together we make the difference
With a comprehensive range of high-performance industrial software and fully integrated automation technologies, we at Digital Factory support manufacturing companies in increasing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and bringing new products to market faster - be it in the automotive industry, in aerospace, in mechanical engineering or in other exciting industries. When it comes to the future of industry, there is no getting around us.Your new field of activity - challenging and future-oriented
For you, an edge device not only has sharp edges and at FOG Computing you don't poke around in the fog? Then join us in shaping edge computing in the automation industry.
We are looking for you to strengthen our dynamic edge computing team. Help us shape the platform for IIoT applications based on edge computing in market-defining sectors such as the automotive industry or mechanical engineering.
- Your path will lead you to a team of experts, where you will deal with state-of-the-art technological modules in the Industrial Edge area.
- This means that you actively incorporate the integration of new technologies and methods into the software Ecosystem around Industrial Edge.
- You are actively involved in the conceptualization; architecture & implementation features closely associated with Linux OS / Linux Server and its administration.
Your qualifications - well-founded and adequate
- The basis of your success is a bachelors degree in computer science or a comparable subject. If you have an alternative education with relevant professional experience, your application is also very welcome.
- You convince through many years of relevant experience in software development and strong knowledge of Linux kernel, instrumenation, diagnosis and debugging.
- You are equipped with knowledge of Red Hat based distributions and Debian based distributions, you are familiar with Yocto and Bitbake.
- You are characterized by expert knowledge in various frameworks and languages (e.g. C ++ , GoLang, Python, Shell and other popular Scripting languages).
- You have knowledge of agile methods, continuous integration/delivery, test-driven development, in architecture as well as design principles and patterns. Ideally, you already have experience with various communication protocols (e.g. SIMATIC S7, OPC UA).
- Your ability to collaborate with International teams provides you with the additional confidence and boost. We look forward to talking to you if you also communicate confidently in German and English.
www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds -if you would like to find out more about DigitalMinds at Siemens.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time