Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-11-03 05:00:14
- Omio’s Merchandising Team (new team)
- On-site / remote working blend (Berlin)
Omio is pursuing a vision of bringing global transport into a single distribution system and creating an end to end magical consumer journeys. While the whole world of air, hotels or car rental is normalized, rail, bus, ferries, airport transfer, all forms of ground transport are fragmented on a local level.
Tools that will help you:
- ES6, React, React-Native, TypeScript, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Spring/SpringBoot, Java 11-14, REST API, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker
Our way of working:
- We have end-to-end responsibility from design, over creation up to running it in production
- Upside: We have lots of ownership
- Downside: We break it, we fix it. :)
What we want you to bring
- Ideally, experience with React engineering
- Experience with defining and delivering scalable frontend architectures (e.g. micro frontends, design systems and storybook)
- Professional work experience in Cloud environments is a plus, ideally Google Cloud
- Deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Clean Code, TDD, Pair Programming, Code Review best practices
What your team will expect from you
- You are passionate about building genius products that change the lives of millions of users for the better, disrupt traditional industries and you don’t let yourself be daunted by roadblocks and challenges along your path to success
- You perform and deliver without supervision, in time, in high quality and proactively communicate about progress, challenges and success.
- You can evaluate and select the best tools (framework, library, practices) for the problems at hand and ensure standards in your team.
- You are able to break down complex scenarios, simplify processes and create simple solutions
- While being able to provide robust, scalable and elegant solutions, you also know when it’s time to be pragmatic and get things done
- As a Senior Engineer, you bring all the skills and experience to dig deep into a problem, gather all the data you need from multiple sources and investigate from different angles to understand and fix root causes rather than just the symptoms
Omio is the largest source of inventory with 1000+ suppliers operating in 35 countries in Europe and North America. Along with their two brands, Rome2Rio used for global discovery, and Omio used for ticketing and journeys, they attract 600m+ users on a yearly basis while continuing to launch new geographies, new verticals and new products as they scale. It’s a team based in Berlin, with offices in Prague, Beijing, Melbourne and NY.