Principal Architect at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-10-28 05:01:09
As Principal Architect, you will be instrumental in bringing innovative ideas to fruition. Your role will be central to the successful integration of disruptive technologies within the organization. The Principal Architect will provide architectural mentorship and oversight at a Company Platform level, including its supporting Technical Platform. The Principal Architect will work cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams, including: business development, product management, software engineering, cyber-security and departmental executives to drive tangible results. The Principal Architect is capable of presenting designs and ideas to an Architecture Review Board and to Technology and business senior management.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participating in code and design reviews with teams of software, network and cloud engineers to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards; ensuring the cybersecurity of proposed solutions. Applying specialized knowledge of industry standards or practices to assigned initiatives.
- Designing and handling solutions that provide frameworks, interfaces, and services that can be extended and reused across the portfolio, ensuring that architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles.
- Frequently collaborating with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and use solutions. Contributing to technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements.
- Providing post-implementation support to project stakeholders, such as training and troubleshooting. Applying analysis based on research and introspection to recommend solutions.
- Performing long-term trend analysis regarding the implementation of new technological solutions; analyzing data gathered and produce reports.
- Reviewing performance and control reports; determining the appropriate course of action to improve performance when necessary. Extending business product innovation through the introduction, adoption and implementation of technology.
- 10+ years of web-development or solutions architecture experience
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience using system and process analysis
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with data and DBMS, including legacy and emerging database technologies. Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL is a must for Principal and up.
- Experience building highly available customer-facing applications, in a GDHA setting
- Experience building cloud-native applications
- Experience with API’s
- Experience designing highly available and resilient solutions, Automation, identify opportunity of performance improvements, Able to transform traditional monolith architecture stack to modern microservices based loosely decoupled architecture.
- Experience implementing large-scale technological enhancements or pivots, including pilot implementations and analysis
- Experience in 2 or 3 of the following technology areas. Infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Application Development, Database technologies, Cloud computing(AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in the financial services industry; understanding of the role of consumer and custodial banks; experience handling sensitive financial data
- Strong business analysis, solutions crafting, interaction management and presentation skills.
- Experience in cybersecurity
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related foreign discipline
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.