Solutions Architect at EDF (Croydon, UK)
Location: Croydon, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-10-28 05:00:58
The Opportunity: Solutions Architect (Permanent)
Location: Crawley or Exeter
Competitive Salary and Benefits
We’re not your average energy company.EDF is the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity, meeting around one-fifth of the country’s demand and supplies millions of customers and businesses with electricity and gas.
The company provides gas and electricity to 3 million residential customers and is the largest supplier to British businesses. It offers innovative energy systems for commercial customers and digital innovation for customers at home.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join our Customers Business Change and IT Solutions and Architecture team. You will have experience delivering business critical, secure, enterprise systems, be an enthusiastic innovator of next generation digital solutions, have experience in leading teams and project through the entire SDLC and be able to communicate at all levels.
As a Solution Architect you will be a key part of the Customers business and how we both deliver and continually evolve our architectural landscape with a focus on being the voice of the customer.The Person
In this role you will:
- Own and develop the architectural roadmap within a defined business domain in line with new technologies, market trends and business needs;
- Be a corner stone of change delivery projects, working as part of the overall project team to deliver technical change to meet business outcomes;
- Ensure and maintain cost transparency and a value focussed mind-set for the technical aspects which meet business capability goals.
- Be part of an ecosystem of change agents driving excellence across the full suite of business capabilities that support the Customers business, sharing knowledge, expertise and ideas;
- Be informed buyers of technology from the market;
- Recommend, gain approval for and lead Proof of Concepts, technology trials and proof of value activities;
- Be a key contributor to the build of cloud native solutions in partnership with software engineers;
You will also have/ be able to:
- Communicate and influence at all levels
- Business / IT Strategy proficiency, including the design of information systems strategy, and understanding the implications of business strategy on the systems and technical architecture
- Advise and guide technical and functional colleagues at all levels
- Ability to build and cost a solution from concept to detailed design
- Ability to manage and work with third party software suppliers and System Integrators to deliver the technical components of projects
- Demonstrate the ability to work competently in the use and deployment of AWS native and marketplace solution components
Display the following characteristics:
- Customer Focus
- Creative and innovative
- Integrity &Teamwork
- Ability to think wider than the obvious solutions
- Delivery focus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of new and emerging technologies and industry best practice
- Knowledge of project delivery methodologies
- Experience establishing architecture standards within a specialist discipline e.g. applications, data, infrastructure
- Experience in solutioning, designing and monitoring complex architectures
- Experience providing consultancy to the business, including offering solutions to business needs that meet architecture requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least one development environment
- AWS Solution Architect Associate qualification desirable
The following technologies are of particular interest:
- SAP IS-U/ CRM
- Oracle Utilities products (CC&B, MDM, QM)
- Digital frameworks – Drupal CMS, Aquila
- Cloud platforms and infrastructure services – i.e. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Database technologies – including Oracle, Sql Server, Postgres, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB
- Microsoft (.NET, SQL Server, SharePoint)
- IBM WebSphere Data Power / Application Server / Message Broker
- Commodity infrastructure i.e. Linux
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined benefit pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
These roles are advertised on a full-time/part-time basis as standard with the opportunity to discuss flexible working arrangements.
We’re an inclusive, disability confident employer and recognise the importance of employee well-being.
We’re about the people who work with us and we celebrate their diversities and embrace the value that their differences bring. We believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation, with a number of employer networks and benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're proud to be the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity. We believe that, together, we can create a cleaner, low-carbon future.
Through innovation, dedication, and a firm commitment to electric and renewable energy – we believe we can change everyone’s future for the better.
Join us. Generation Electric. Everyone’s welcome.