Distinguished Architect at Citizens Bank (Boston, MA)
Location: Boston, MA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-10-24 05:01:03
As Distinguished Architect, you will be responsible for groundbreaking integration support across multiple technological and/or business platforms. You will lead a team of architects and work alongside senior management, software engineers and technologists to ensure the strategic alignment of technological solutions and business objectives. The Distinguished Architect will provide architectural mentor-ship and oversight across a portfolio of Company Platforms.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of architects; offering guidance, thought leadership and ensuring proper resource allocation in order to deliver top-quality solutions. Develop architectural strategy across assigned Company Platforms, ensuring enterprise-level consistency and alignment.
- Establish and communicate strategy to executive staff, industry partners and customers; uses recognized technical and business expertise to influence, guide, and craft business strategy and decision-making at the highest interpersonal levels.
- Provide consultation, design input, technical direction and feedback for consistent Company Platform architectural approaches across portfolio Principal Architects and senior engineering leadership.
- Drive and develop product and solution strategies that inform product requirements and investment decisions for Company Platforms across the organization, weaving the enterprise technology vision into the planning and investment processes.
- 15+ years of working experience in web-development or solutions architecture, with a proven track record of developing consumer-facing and internal solutions
- Experience implementing large-scale technological enhancements and/or pivots, including pilot implementation and analysis
- Excellent understanding of DevOps and Platform as a Service (ie Openshift)
- Understanding and experience with multiple data management tools and products – SQL/NoSQL, On prem/Cloud, Operational/Analytical
- Experience working with IT infrastructure and cloud development – virtualization, private clouds, public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep understanding and hands on experience with DevSecOps – CICD, creating and maintaining secure code and application.
- Experience with at least one Enterprise Architecture framework and related concepts ex. TOGAF, etc.
- Experience executing from concept to operationalizing tools, platforms and/or products.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior technologists.
- Experience and comfort working with different levels of colleagues in a matrixed organization.
- 5+ years of working experience in the financial services industry, specifically commercial banking
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
- Comfortable/experience navigating large corporate structure
- Executive speaking and presentation skills- Formal presentations, white-boarding, large and small group presentations
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, math or related disciplines preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.