Full Stack Software Engineer at WambaTech, Inc. (Royal Oak, MI)
Location: Royal Oak, MI
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-09-29 05:00:43
WambaTech is looking for an enthusiastic developer who dreams in code. Come join a team where engineering drives company culture, vision, and success.
Who will you be working with?
We pride ourselves on being hard-working problem solvers who aren’t jerks. We do our best to stay fresh on the latest technologies and strive to promote an enriching environment of group learning.
You will work with clients, project managers, and an in-house architect to both develop and enhance new and existing features and systems. You will participate in group-learning sessions as well as ad-hoc discussions ranging from new Dev Ops strategies to the new taco place down the street.
What will you be working on?
Highly visible web- and service-based applications that power our clients’ core businesses.
To do that you need to:
- Write code to implement new features while maintaining code integrity.
- Be able to refactor code to make it better, faster and more resilient.
- Help our team improve the quality of our code through thoughtful collaboration, code reviews, and other software engineering best practices
- Collaborate with team members in designing the architecture of new features, estimating their cost and planning implementations while always keeping reliability and maintainability in mind
- Deliver on time and communicate status, issues and concerns effectively throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Lead technical initiatives as necessary by documenting, planning, gaining consensus and working closely with product managers
Are you the right fit?
We want people who are passionate about technology, period. We need employees who get excited about and inspired by the work of others, and who are both personable and easygoing. In short, we want good developers who are also good people.
Ideal candidates will be well rounded in a variety of platforms, languages, and environments. The right candidate will have a solid foundation in a majority of the following technologies:
- .Net – C#, .Net Framework, .Net Core, MVC, Web Api
- Cloud – Azure (Service Bus, VMs, Networking, Storage, SQL, Functions)
- Data – SQL Server, Cosmos Db, Azure Storage
- Dev Ops – JIRA, VSO, GitHub
- 7+ years experience writing code in a professional environment with increasing responsibility.
- Solid background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load.
- Experience implementing design particulars from a specification.
- Ability to handle schedules and priorities and communicate appropriately about them
What’s in it for you?
- A great team that truly supports and enriches you
- Access to downtown Royal Oak amenities, including restaurants, shows, shops, etc.
- Bureaucracy-free company culture and structure
- Family-friendly work/life balance
- Exciting daily technical challenges
- Competitive salary with annual raises based on performance and value add
- Four weeks of vacation per year
- One week of sick time per year
- Company premiums paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Simple IRA with 3% matching
- Offsite outings (e.g., weekend excursions to Traverse City and Boyne Mountain)