Game Security Engineer at Rockstar Games (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-08-24 11:37:45
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Security team is responsible for protecting our players, employees and intellectual property.
- We support all Rockstar titles including Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption from malicious actors and insider threats.
- We work closely with many teams on enforcing and supporting our security monitoring platforms.
- Create and innovate new solutions to better secure our products from known vulnerabilities.
- Proactively research unknown vulnerabilities in our products and implement appropriate mitigations.
- Reverse engineer software intended to compromise online gaming environments.
- Research and implement various forms of anti-tamper technologies and/or DRM.
- Follow software SDLC to integrate into the game team’s operations.
- Test cross-platform software solutions to ensure quality.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 3+ years’ experience on a fluid software development team.
- Strong understanding of reverse engineering concepts and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of game protection technologies.
- Experience implementing core cryptography concepts.
- Experience with various debugging environments: WinDbg, x64dbg, OllyDbg/Immunity Debugger.
- Experience with disassemblers and decompilers: IDA Pro.
- Fluency with the following languages: C, C++, x64 assembly.
- Experience with malware analysis preferred.
- Experience with LUA preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.