SE Network Engineer at RedBee Media at Ericsson (Stockholm, Sweden)
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-08-24 11:37:42
We are now looking for a SE Network Engineer at RedBee Media! Do you want to join a collaborative team?Job Summary:Red Bee Media has more than 2500 employees, based in UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden, Finland,US, Canada and Australia. This we create together through an agile, innovative and flexible technology infrastructure with best-in-class operating models. We operate in TV markets all over the world and with some of the strongest brands in the industry. Our team works with both public service broadcasters and major commercial clients including the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 Canal+, and many clients in France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, among others. Position Summary:Together our team is responsible for the design, delivery and 3rd line support of the Networks and Security Infrastructure for EBMS globally with a key focus on our local customers.Our distributed team works closely to develop positive relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. Additionally, we will also co-operate with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver outstanding solutions on which the business operates.You will be encouraged to use your knowledge and experience to perform more in-depth troubleshooting within a system or service. Your expertise and knowledge of these systems will be used to resolve any issues within our SLA’s and prevent interruption to our outstanding service. Our team operates in a semi -autonomous manner assigning various work tasks among ourselves based upon both knowledge and business priority. Our team also takes key decisions on improvements of ways of working with yourself and other team members actively taking ownership of platform areas. Proactive tasks:
- Documentation of recurring issues and associated resolutions, to be handed by lower teams.
- Build problem tickets for recurring issues
- Manage supplier tickets through to resolution, ensuring accurate response times are adhered to and raising concerns as needed.
- Ensure that capacity across the company is being used efficiently.
- Define and implement our future direction with key suppliers and partners forming effective relationships.
- Use technology expertise and privileged access to perform sophisticated troubleshooting of network systems
- Collect data from the network to assist with problem solving activities of Networks and the wider infrastructure teams.
- Ensure information is accurate and informative, collaborating with users where needed
- Perform sophisticated changes produced in conjunction with other engineers and Network Architects.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience/knowledge in large scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional service
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing combined with Implementation, management, and support of Juniper network and security devices, including relevant certifications
- RAS and Load Balancing platforms (Ideally F5)
- Providing 3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call.
Additional helpful skills afor post-holder:
- We are a closely working collaborative team which would like you to be part of. As part of our team we feel the following personal skills are helpful.
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment together with knowledge of project work and methodologies.
- Ability to process and present sophisticated statistical data in a clear and concise fashion to Senior Management.
- Excellent customer communications and handling third party vendors.
- A clear ability to multi-task in a sophisticated dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
- Understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours on service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution.
- We all desire to increase cross skilling within our team and supporting each other in development and growth.
- A high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
Applications: You need to submit the application in English and we do not accept any applications via email. The selection process is ongoing Please send your application before 2nd July 2020Should you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please feel free to get in touch with the responsible recruiter at [email protected]