SQL Server Developer at ING (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2020-02-27 05:00:56
Within the COO/Group Services/Risk organisation, the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) team is looking for a SQL Server Developer to join our team to participate in re-designing the current Data Staging Area and to integrate currently separate ETL flows. The Developer needs to be ‘hands-on’, capable to oversee complex data flow structures and needs to be experienced with large data volumes.
To enable ING’s monthly financial forecasting processes and to support ING stress tests, the ALM platform has been set up. The ALM platform consists of a Data Staging Area built-in MS SQL Server and C#, which extracts, transfers monthly financial data. The data is loaded in an application. The application is used by ING business lines, Financial Risk, Finance and Bank Treasury to calculate and to report on financial forecasts, and ING stress tests.
Further development of the ALM platform has been prioritized by higher management as one of ING’s most important strategic worldwide objectives. Currently, the ALM platform is being transformed into a group-wide standard to support global and local requirements, and step by step new countries are on-boarded. For the Data Staging Area, this means that data of countries with different financial products need to be aligned, enriched, transformed and functionality needs to be built to analyse or monitor unexpected differences between data.
Your ALM squad is a BusDevOps team, combining the expertise of business, IT and OPS specialists. The squad works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints, and as part of the team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning. Together with your squad/team, you are responsible for (re-)design a stable, standardized and consistent ALM platform. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: have all the ING offices worldwide use one ALM standard.
Main services delivered by you are:
- Set up a step by step approach, and fully re-design the current Data Staging Area, in the following way:
- Improve and simplify data loads and ETL processes, despite differences and variety in-country data
- Design, develop, configure and test secure software automation solutions in SQL Server and where applicable, SSIS and C#
- Change data flows, tables, and interfaces, make existing data flows more transparent. Work towards a simple and robust solution with the functionality to identify and analyse unexpected differences in data in an early stage. Together with a colleague developer/DBA-er, improve maintainability and performance of the Data Staging Area
- High performance
- Carry out an engineering role, e.g.:
- With the help of business experts, analyse, understand and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
- If requested, advise business or operation colleagues e.g. at identifying root causes for incidents related to data errors. Advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI layer to improve reporting.
How to succeed
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with MS SQL Server
- Experienced with SSIS or extensive experience with other ETL tools
- Experienced with C# (.Net)
- Pro-active attitude and a Quick learner, capable to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and capable to slice work into steps and can work accordingly
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You can peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
- Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
- Database version control
- SSRS and SSAS
- LDAP/Active Directory to grant end-users with particular roles/permissions to analyse data processing results
- Processing financial data, e.g. related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.
Knowledge of Dutch language would be an additional asset.
What we oer
- A job from 36 to 40 hours that ts your schedule to balance work and private life.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home
- Travel reimbursement
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour workweek. (or 27 days with 40)
- Pension scheme
- 13th-month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a dierence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today!